There are many other countries in the world that do not enjoy the online casino freedom that Czech Republicans enjoy. If you are wondering if that means that gambling is legal in the Czech Republic your answer is yes.
Online and Land-Based Casinos
Land-based casinos were always very popular in the country. Most of the big cities are all equipped with offline casinos, at this stage they tally over a 100, which called for restrictions in the online casino space. This was until the law was relooked and lottery and later online casinos were made legal.
If you are wondering what you will be able to find in Czech casino, you need not look any further. Firstly, they have a huge selection of slot machines and a variety of other table games at your disposal. You can choose between, online and download mode depending on your capacity and the device you are operating from. You will also find different platforms, which include selections from the 10 best Czech casinos. Looking at the casino options, you can choose between, brick and mortar, online casinos, mobile casinos and live casinos. You will find a short description below to differentiate between them.
- Brick and Mortar casinos: Normally have distributed their services to facilities such as arcades, gaming bars, pubs, and cafes. They are most likely to be played by people passing by being attracted to the bright lights and big jackpot signs.
- Online casinos: Since online casinos became legal, the number of online casinos has skyrocketed. Casino players are now relaxed and they have no worries about partaking in illegal gambling activities. Always ensure when you start to play at an online casino that they are properly licensed and that they accept Czech players.
- Mobile casinos: Further to the online casinos, the Czech Republican players were able to expand their offering to the mobile platform. This convenient and competitive platform has become increasingly popular. Not only can you play on your computer or laptop, but you can also take your favourite online casino games with you on holiday or work whichever way you please.
- Live casinos: One of the latest inventions added to the online casino offerings are the Live casinos. They have been proven to be very effective when players lose interest in the online casino space. This method of gambling online does operate a bit differently. You will have a private or shared room with other players, and you will be able to choose from a selection of games supported by a live dealer.
Timeline of Czech Republican Casinos
This road has not always been so straightforward. The Law on Lotteries was established in 1990, where the sports betting and lotteries became a legal entertainment method.
This changed in 2012 when the first Gambling Act was effected and replaced any of the laws set by the Law on Lotteries.
This Act made online Gambling legal provided that there was still an offline casino in the same city or area. However, this was not the end of the issues raised when the Gambling Act came into effect. There were still international casinos offering their services to Czech players. However, they were not regulated or licensed to be safe.
In 2016, the Czech Ministry of Finance approved a new law for online gambling in the Czech Republic. Allowing the online casinos based in the Czech Republic to apply for a license to do business, without the necessity of an offline casino in the area. The Czech government was not happy as this was reducing their revenue; therefore, they have changed the Act including a restriction that online casinos are not to offer any bonuses or free money to attract new players.
Czech Republic Gambling Legislation
As a result of the Gambling Legislation not being very clear in the Czech Republic, it is safe to allow players to partake in international online casinos. There is no specific rule or legislation stating that gambling in foreign online casinos is prohibited and that they should be licensed in the Czech Republic. Should the day arise that there are more laid down rules regarding gambling online in foreign online casinos, It will be easy to start enforcing the new legislation by means of blocking ISP’s or IP’s of certain countries including the Czech Republic.
Other Online Gambling Facilities
As the laid down procedures are still being established with regards to online gambling, there are two industries that have been previously enforced. The first and the largest portion of this legislation is the licensed operations of the online sports betting companies together with the lottery operator Sazka. As previously required, there are plenty of land-based casinos offering lottery tickets, which have expanded to the online market and made these lottery tickets available via an online platform.
You can also expect a selection of other games such as scratch cards and keno. The need for online bingo has not yet been made public; therefore, you will not find any bingo sites online as yet. For the people that would like to have access to online poker facilities, this might still be a challenge as there are no operators currently licensed in the Czech Republic to provide this service. However, they will still have access to online gambling facilities that are licensed internationally and who accept players from the Czech Republic.
Czech Republic Casinos & Gambling
There are quite a few online casinos offering their services to players from the Czech Republic. There are a few that pay better than others. Take a look at the casinos available that accept Czech Players and who have a good reputation for decent payouts.
- Yako Casino: Yako Casinos is an online casino only launched about two years ago in 2015; however you are almost certain of a casino win in this light-hearted, vibrant casino. The offer more than 1200 games including all the popular names of the top-notch developers. This is also a safe casino across the world as Yako Casino is operated by L&L Europe. They are legally licensed by two of the renowned companies such as MGA (Malta Gaming Authority) and the UK Gaming Commission. You can also find this casino on the mobile as well as the desktop platform.
- Euro Grand: This is one of the smaller online casinos in the industry, not taking anything away from their performance and exceptional customer support. They offer a real money sign up bonus of $100 with a minimum deposit amount of $10. Euro Grand is also known for providing the best range of games from the reputable 3D slots, table games to the different variants of video poker and the secluded live dealer section. This is also one of the safe and secure casinos you can trust your money with as they are licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and the Gambling Commission of Gibraltar.
- Royal Panda: They have come one of the well-known and trusted online casinos. They offer some of the famous games from renowned software developers such as Microgaming and NetEnt. Two of the largest progressive jackpots are represented by these developers known as Hall of Gods and the famous Mega Fortune, which have been responsible for making many millionaires. You are able to find over 200 slot games including other solutions such as Baccarat, Craps and various options for Roulette, Poker and BlackJack. Royal Panda also promotes responsible gambling ensuring all play is fair and safe. This platform is available on all the mobile platforms with popular games such as Gonzo’s quest that you can choose from.
- Spinit: This casino has become increasingly popular with a massive selection of the best games and providers in the industry. They offer multi-language support as well as providing their services in these languages. Launched in 2016, they already offer the platforms that include instant play casino and mobile casinos. They offer a selection of the best and newest slots titles as well as video poker, table games and other special offerings such as a Live dealer casino, providing you with the best experience you can expect from being in a live casino. Their sign up bonus includes a 1000$ and 200 free spins when you have successfully registered and made your first deposit.
- Casumo: This exceptional casino has a modern interface together with amazing welcome bonuses a Czech casino no deposit bonus of 20 free spins once your account is successfully registered and up and running. Casumo supports all of the jackpot games with huge payout percentages together with the well-known progressive jackpot slots and games. Popular names such as Mega Fortune, Starburst, Jack and the Beanstalk are some of the high-end casino games with huge jackpots on offer. The Two main jurisdictions managing this casino are the United Kingdom and Malta Gambling Commissions. They offer 24/7 live chat support ensuring all casino players are happy and ready to play.
Besides offering the best casinos, you are also able to make safe and legal deposits to online casinos. Let’s take a closer look at what they offer in the Czech Republic. As some offer you free play once you have signed up, other online casinos require a minimum deposit to qualify for their welcome bonus offerings. There are different ways of making deposits quick, easy, safely and effectively.
- Visa, Maestro and Mastercard. These are instant payment options and are widely used across the whole world.
- E-wallets. This method of payment has become increasingly popular as it offers the player a safe and secure method of payment without having to reveal their own banking details. Keep in mind that not all e-wallet platforms can be used to make withdrawals from your online casino account. Some good examples of trusted platforms are Skrill, PayPal, Neteller and Paysafecard.
- Some online casinos have also started accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment. This is a safe and secure Blockchain transaction, which only operates on your Bitcoin address and pin, no personal information is revealed.
Even after having read the article some players will still have questions. Familiarise yourself with some of the commonly asked questions. When you have a question, first view the FAQ section of any online casino, it is likely that the question might have been asked before.
- Q: At what age am I legal to participate in online casinosA: Normally all casinos have a legal age of 18 as this is when you are seen as an independent adult, and you should be able to make your own decisions.
- Q: Is online gambling legal in the Czech Republic?A: There are many grey areas with regards to the Czech Republic, one being the legality of online casinos. At this stage, you cannot be prosecuted and are allowed to play many games in the casinos that accept Czech players. All reviews thus far have confirmed that online casinos are legal.
- Q: Are there any other legal activities in the gambling industry to partake in?A: Yes, there are other non-casino options available such as sports betting facilities and lotteries online and offline.
Playing at home from your mobile device and tablet can be a lot of fun. To be in the comfort of your own home as well as winning real jackpots, however, when you need to get out and stretch your legs a bit, you are welcome to visit all the stunning land-based casinos.