For a fact, the Buffalo slot machine was initially popular in a myriad of land-based casinos over a decade ago, in 2006, before it penetrated the online market in 2012, courtesy of Aristocrat (a renowned gaming software developer). As such, it incorporates graphics which match illustrations of magazine quality, in addition to replacing the older pay lines and the times wager-per-line gambling system, with the highly innovative Extra Reel Power System, which we shall discuss. Hence, the new system serves as an upgrade from the once famous 243-way Wheel Power gambling model, to the current one, which offers 1024 ways of winning.
Additionally, the imagery in the game comes from the wildlife library of North America, with the titular creature being the American Bison that is synonymous with Buffalos, alongside others which run the gamut from the Puma, Bald Eagle, and Elk.
The Terms of Engagement in Playing Buffalo Slots Online
As you know, this machine comprises of five wheels, four rows, and 1024 ways of scoring some monetary rewards, as mentioned earlier. What is more is that all prizes pay from the from the leftmost to the rightmost reel, and in multiples of the wagers per wheel, except for the Scatter rewards whose pay occurs in any combination, and are multiples of the total stake level.
- Pay Lines – As opposed to using pay lines, this casino game utilizes the Reel Power Gambling model from Aristocrat, as highlighted earlier. It entails players purchasing positions in the five by four tile gaming region, in five levels. Thus, the first four levels buy the first to the fourth reels, beginning from the left-hand side of the screen, not to mention all positions on the third row. The wagers then occur on an “every wheel” basis, as opposed to “per line”, as is the case in plethoras of slot machines. Moreover, every reel has a unique gambling multiplier.
- The Wild – The “Sunset” icon symbolizes the game’s Wild, which means that it has the capability of substituting all other images, minus the Scatter symbol. However, it only features on the second, third, and fourth wheel, whereby the glistening and setting of the sun on any of the tiles, automatically triggers a winning sequence.
- The Scatter – It is the Gold Liberty Coin on which participants may stumble upon, as they delight in the thrill. Acquiring three or more of these coins instantly triggers the Free Spins. The Scatter has a payout of twenty, ten and two times your stake level for accumulating five, four, and two in a row.
Other Icons in the Buffalo Slots Online Machine
As you relish in the excitement which comes with this game that is quite popular among plethoras of UK players among others, you will realize that not only is the Buffalo the most profitable icon, but it is also the only stacked one. Hence, up to five of these images may land on any of the wheels, with a reward of 300, 100, fifty, and ten times your bet, for attaining three, four, five and two, consecutively. Upon the formation of winning sequences, the tiles become animated as they depict a buffalo charging towards you.
|The Eagle and the Puma are the second most rewarding images which pay up to 150 times your gamble for accumulating five on the reels.|
|For gathering five wolves or elks, participants trigger a multiplier of 120 times.|
|The remaining images are the poker cards, whereby five Aces, Q’s (Queens), K’s (Kings), Tens, Nines, and J’s bear a gift of 100 times a gambler’s bet per wheel.|
Getting Started in the Gameplay of the Free Buffalo Slots
For starters, the location of the game’s controls is just below the wheels, which maintains the simplicity of the user interface. As you continue playing, you will see a transparent message above the wheels, containing information on your progress, as well as some encouragement, which carves an ear-to-ear grin on your face and gives you a sense of bemusement to keep pushing on, regardless of the outcome. It is shortly after, that another message appears, indicating the multiples of profitable sequences, tallies on a myriad of winning patterns, and the payment structure.
Secondly, an array of rewarding sequences could mean one of four things; there is:
- An icon either in the third position of the first reel.
- A symbol in the second position of the second wheel.
- A Wild in the third position of the second wheel.
- An image in the third position of the third reel.
Therefore, this forms the same pattern of three tiles, in four different ways, and hence, the machine reports an “X2” for that combination. Additionally, the position of the controls is on a relatively transparent dashboard, situated near the bottom of the screen, and comprises of the real money wins, an “Autoplay” button, total stake level, cost of the wheels, and the wager on each.
The “Cost of the Reels” button not only constitutes a multiplier display section but also two widgets, namely the “green minus” as well as the “green plus”, for decreasing and increasing the number of wheels to buy. With that said, purchasing one, two, three, four and five wheels results in the multiplication of your wager by one, five, ten twenty, and forty, which is quite lucrative.
The highest stake level for this game that requires no download is $100, upon pinning down five activated wheels. Moreover, the “Win” icon outputs the amount of bankroll which participants scored in their last round, or “Free Games” offer.
The green “Start” widget releases one paid round during the activation of the “Total Betting Value”, and after a short delay, it then turns into a vibrant orange color, thereby permitting the interruption of the rotating turns.
There are instances when the game is in “Turbo”, which means, if either one or a myriad of Scatter images crop up on the screen, you automatically have the ability to stop the third, fourth and fifth reels with a Coin. Hence, this, in turn, triggers the promotional round. It is also worth noting that accumulating three, four, or five Scatters results in eight, fifteen and twenty Free Spins.
Next to the “Play and Stop” buttons, is an “Autoplay” feature which regulates the number of additional spins that players can purchase. Furthermore, these extra “turns” rotate endlessly, until you click on “Stop”.
Lastly, there is a utility board at the bottom of the screen which contains a depiction of your available cash balance, including any recent deposits, to the far left of your screen. Moreover, to the far right, there is a small window which permits players to make adjustments on the sound effects (turn them on or off), and the spinning button (the space bar), and so much more!
All in all, with the Scatters, Wilds, and multiplier rewards of up to twenty-seven times, not to mention the opportunity of accumulating as much as twenty free rounds which players can re-trigger, it is hard not to see why the popularity of this once land-based Aristocrat casino game is skyrocketing by the day. Furthermore, it exudes compatibility with not only desktops and PCs, but also a broad range of Android as well as Apple, smartphones, and tablets.