Play Wizard of Oz Online Slots Game Created by WMS!
Williams Interactive (WMS) is one of the oldest companies in online casino games industry. It is a subsidiary of Scientific Games Corporation nowadays, but for 40 years WMS designed, developed, manufactured, distributed and marketed casino games and slot machines, video lottery terminals and video gaming terminals.
In other words, they know what they are doing when it comes to video slot games. Wizard of Oz slots is an excellent example of this. This legendary tale becomes an amazing slot game under the hands of WMS. It has tons of exciting features and huge payouts, with a fast and simple gameplay. It is time to lead Dorothy home – are you up to the task?
Wizard of Oz online has colorful and cute graphics – just like the original tale. Art style of the game looks like its hand drawn, suits the theme and the story. Wizard of Oz slot machine gets its inspiration from the same named movie actually, so expect to see a lot of characters from it. In short, graphic and animation quality is good. Not “jaw-dropping” good but more than enough for this genre. As for theme, it belongs to the “Cartoon” and “Tales” category.
Interface is amazingly clean – there are only three buttons and three sections. Each of them are easily understandable. Even the beginner players won’t have a hard time to understand what’s going on, all buttons and sections have simple tip lines. Game also supports Auto Play, which means you can set a number for automatic spins.
Free Wizard of Oz has 5 reels and 30 paylines. A fair amount, since because reels have three slots only. As for features, the game contains wild symbols, scatter symbols, and lots of bonus rounds. In fact, there are nine different bonus rounds – an amazing amount. You can play for fun (as a free slots) or for real money. Start with the demo version and move on to the “real” game after you practice enough, which is always a good strategy. Game requires no download by the way, this is another plus.
How to Win
As we mentioned, there are 30 paylines but these can be altered and lowered, if you want. You can do this from the “Lines” section but we recommend always playing with the maximum number of paylines. The more the number, the more the possibilities. You can set the coin value from the “Bet/Line” section, and this can be between 0.01 and 5.00. Choosing 5 will make the maximum bet amount equal to 150 coins. Playing with the maximum bet amount is the safest strategy here, even if you are playing in demo mode.
There are ten symbols in total in the game. All of them represents a character or an event from the original tale. And as for the good news, all of them are high valued. There are no low valued symbols (numbers and letters) in the game, which makes the payout values higher. Symbols and their paytables are shown in this table:
|Symbol Name||1 Symbol||2 Symbol||3 Symbol||4 Symbol||5 Symbol|
|Wizard of Oz||-||-||375||1250||5000|
|Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion||-||-||125||500||2500|
As you can see, all of them have high payment values. Especially the jackpot symbol – five them awards the player with 50.000 coins. This is a big value and can make you rich in seconds. There are other special symbols in the game too, which we will explain below.
Bonus Rounds and Free Spins
There are three special symbols in the game; wild, jackpot and feature (scatter).
Jackpot symbol is shown with a “Jackpot” sign and it is the most valued symbol in the game.
Wild symbol is shown with the “Wizard of Oz” sign and substitutes for all other symbols, except feature (scatter).
And for the Feature symbol… This is where it gets interesting. This symbol is shown with an Emerald picture, there is a “Feature” sign beneath it. Three of them activates the “Oz Pick Me” Feature. Depending on your choice, you will activate one of the nine bonus rounds. These are:
- Glinda Good Witch: The good witch symbol will start to appear on reels one through five during the main game. This symbol acts like wild and turns the entire reel it appeared on into wild.
- Oz Pick Feature : You are asked to pick between three closed symbols. Depending on your pick, you are awarded with x10 to x25 times total bet.
- Winged Monkey: This is the free spins feature. If you pick this one, you are awarded with 8 free spins. During the spins, entire reels change and two more wild symbols start to appear on them. First one is the “Winged Monkeys Wild Symbol” which acts like a normal wild and substitutes other symbols. The second is called “Winged Monkey Wİld Feature” and appears only on middle reel. Once it appears, you need to click on it. After that, the screen will be filled by flying monkeys and they will randomly remove some of the symbols from the reels. New ones will drop from above and offer you another winning combination chance. You can re-trigger this round by landing “Winged Monkey Re-Trigger” symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5. These symbols will award you with 8 more free spins with the same ruleset.
- Road to Emerald City: You need to pick between a group pf emeralds. Each emerald wil award you with extra coins. İf you manage to find Tin Man, Scarecrow and Lion, other bonus rounds will trigger.
- Scarecrow Corn Field: You need to pick one of the two golden charms. If you manage to find the Scarecrow, extra coins will be awarded. If not, you are sent back to Emerald City feature.
- Tin Man Apple Orchard: Again, you are asked to choose one of the two golden charms. If you manage to find the Tin Man, extra coins will be awarded. If not, you are sent back to Emerald City feature.
- Cowardly Lion: Same as above: Pick between two golden charms. If you manage to find the Lion, extra coins will be awarded. If not, you are sent back to Emerald City feature.
- Wicked Witch Castle: Last “pick between two golden charms” feature. If you manage to find the Dorothy, extra coins will be awarded. If not, you are sent back to Emerald City feature.
- Emerald City: This is the last bonus round of the game. You stand in front of the Emerald City gates and asked to pick between four different golden charms. Depending on your choice, one of the other bonus features will get triggered. You can also win x1.500 times the line bet during this feature.
You can guess this part: We liked Wizard of Oz. Bonus rounds are awesome, in fact, they deserve to be an independent game. This is a very fun and exciting game, one of the fine examples of the genre. After playing Wizard of Oz, you will understand once more why you love slot games. Payout amounts are nice too – you can win 50.000 coins on a single spin. Highly recommended. In fact, if you will play only one slot game this week, that one should be Wizard of Oz.