Slot games are sometimes referred to as fruit machines. Players termed slot games as crop machines because when slot machines were first introduced at land based casinos, they all came with the fruit theme.
As such, it was right to call slot games, fruit machines as there were all about juicy fruits. With time, however, software developers became innovative, and they started incorporating other themes into slot games.
Nowadays, you will find dozens of different themes when looking for a slot to play.
However, in keeping with tradition, software developers including Net Entertainment the company behind this game create fruit themed slot games such as this one in order to cater for the needs of players who want to feel and experience what slot players of the past experienced while spinning the first ever slot machines.
Fruit Spin casino slot online does just that, it takes you down memory lane as you spin the game’s five reels and 40 paylines.
While this slot has a retro feel with the fruit symbols on the reels, it does incorporate modern features such as gamification. There are 10 levels you can play in Fruit Spin slot machine online.
There are two ways that you can rise up the game levels. First, you can continuously play the game, and when you reach a certain point, you automatically unlock the next level.
Alternatively, you can simply use the ‘Level’ button on the control panel to adjust game levels. The maximum bet amount per line in this game depends on the level you are playing.
Maximum bet amount per line at Level 1 is 20.00 coins. The amount rises as you climb up the levels. At Level 10, the maximum bet amount per line is 200.00 coins translating to $100 in conventional money. The game also comes with an ‘Autoplay’ feature.
- Wild – The green gem is the Wild in Fruit Spin. This icon has the power to transform itself taking the shape and form of any other icon bar the Scatter.
- Scatter – The red gem is the Scatter in Fruit Spin.
- Bonus – The ‘Free Spins’ symbol is the bonus icon in Fruit Spin.
- Other symbols – Other icons in the game include fruit symbols (Blueberries, cherries, and oranges), Bar icons (I Bar, 2 Bars, and 3 Bars) and Lucky 7s.
- Stacked Symbols – During both the base game and the free spins, any standard symbols has the capability to expand and cover the entire reel.
- Lucky Wheel Feature – This is a random bonus that comes about when the 3×3 Scatter grid appears on the reels. To unlock the bonus, you first need to spin the reels, and if the 3×3 Scatter grid remains after the spin, the bonus is unlocked. The bonus presents you with three big wheels. Spin all of them to reveal your prices. Lucky Wheel wins come in the form of coin prizes or free spins.
- Free Spins – You earn five free spins when you get a prize of free spins after spinning the Lucky Wheel. You can retrigger the free spins when you land Scatter icons.
The ‘Free Spins’ icon in this bonus turns into an Extra Spins symbol giving you one more free spin. There is no jackpot.
Tips to Win the Game
The game rewards players both during the base game and the free spins when they land combinations of matching icons. These are the payouts for matching the following symbols.
- Lucky 7s – For five of these icons, you earn 300 coins, for four you earn 60 credits and for three you get 15 coins.
- Three Bars – For five of these you earn 200 credits, for four you win 40 coins and for three you earn 10 coins.
- Two Bars – For five of these you earn 100 coins, for four you earn 30 credits and for three you earn 10 coins.
- One Bar – For five of these you get 60 coins, for four you earn 30 credits and for three you earn 10 coins.
- Apples – For five of these you earn 40 coins, for four you have 10 credits and for three you earn 5 coins.
- All other fruit symbols – For five of the same kind you earn 20 coins, for four you earn 5 coins and for three you win 2 coins.
This classic fruit themed slot game from Net Entertainment which is playable for real money or for free at casinos online does manage to fuse both traditional and modern elements of gaming as seen by the fruit symbols, simple graphics and the use of gamification features. This game has an RTP of 96.84 percent.