Live Social Casino
Learn what online social games are, how to play them, and what benefits you can get from them. Check out the most popular live social casino games that require no investment. Live social casinos are those that offer games for free. They are called so because they do not require their players to gamble for real.
These casinos or games have found their way in tablets and smartphones and are readily available to play on social media sites like Facebook. For example, it is not unusual to play Texas Hold’em poker for free from a live social casino app. You can also access this game on Facebook, connect with your friends and play simultaneously. The thing is that you do not have to invest money to play games and enjoy them.
Online social games are designed the same way as casino games. There are games of chances and skill games like blackjack and poker. You can find all sorts of casino favorites on these sites and apps, and all you need to do is to download and install them.
Recommended Casinos and Bonuses by Slotozilla
|Min Deposit: AU$5
|Min Deposit: AU$5
Social Slots and Live Social Casino Sites Guide
There are many countries that strictly prohibit real money gambling. Not all gambling facilities can penetrate these countries, especially the online ones. In fact, banks will not even process your casino deposit, so you need to find a means to fund your casino account.
This, of course, does not prevent players from craving for the experience. There are also people who do not like to gamble, but they want to play games just for fun. The result of this is a social casino game where you can play without using real money and yet get to experience what professional gamblers do.
What Makes It Social?
Social gaming started out as games you could play on Facebook. That is how it all started. Zynga launched a poker app on Facebook in 2008, and you could play it with your friends. You and your friends could join the same table or meet new people and add them as friends on your Facebook account.
Today, all gambling games that do not require real money are called social gaming casino or social gambling games. You install these apps on your computer or mobile device and then play. You can chat with other players, and there is no real money involved, so you do not lose a dime. In most cases, you can access them via an instant play on Facebook.
Social Games Free Coins
In social gaming online, you will receive free coins on a daily basis. The coin is the game currency, and you only need to wait for a day to get them for free. Many companies issue chips instead of coins, so you can use your chips to bet on different kinds of games within their casinos.
As you play, you can either win more coins or lose them all. It really depends on your style and your luck. Most players lose them since these coins do not have any real-life value, so they are not afraid to play without any meaningful strategy. Sometimes, they just place big bets on poker because they feel like it, but this is not something one would do in the real money casino.
You cannot use these coins to trade or exchange for anything, but you can gift them to your friends if the app allows you to do so. There are a few land-based casinos that will accept your game coins or points in exchange for free dinner, food, or drinks.
In many of the best online social games, you need to climb levels. You can do this by winning more or simply by achieving some feats in the game, like winning five times in a row or getting a full house in poker. As you meet these achievements, you will receive more coins.
It is not unusual to have millions of coins, and winning can also be easier in social casino games than in the real ones. You will also receive more coins if you refer a friend or if you log in to the casino site for seven days in a row.
In others, you can get more coins if you watch advertisements or download a sponsored app and meet some requirements. For example, you may be playing social slots and ran out of coins. But if you download a game like Clash of Clans and reach Level 5 in that game, the slot machine app will give you 500,000 free coins so you can get back to playing it.
Games You Can Choose From
Like in real life, there should be a list of best social online games and best live casinos that you can choose from. There are literally thousands of them, and there are more game developers in social gambling than in real-life casinos.
The reason behind that is licensing and government compliance. For real-life casinos, they have to obtain licenses and go through a lot of government channels to be approved and allowed to operate. They also need to go through audits to ensure that the games are producing random results.
On top of that, the developer for real-cash games have to find online casinos that will offer and promote their games, plus they need to create documentation and contracts to make the financial partnership work.
Then they need a financial institution that will process all the payments, disbursement of winnings, and process the withdrawals. All these requirements make it difficult for a game development company to push their projects forward.
Even the best social games are nothing more than an app and a game. The government is not involved, and there are really not a lot of people nosing around the game developer’s business. However, it is also true that the game developer must produce random results, especially those that offer coins for sale.
Some examples of social online games you can choose from are shown below. All these are just general categories; you can find a myriad of variants of these choices in the app store.
- Poker games against other players
- Slot machines
- Video poker
- Solo games like solitaire
Live Social Casinos
A live social casino is an online casino where people can play free games and compete against other players from around the world.
In a typical online casino, the players have to deposit money to play. In a social one, a player can access the games with no need to deposit money. Since a live social casino was made for the purposes of social gaming, no money is involved.
As a social site, the casino games are downloadable through your phone on both Android and iOS devices. Some social casinos also work on other mobile operating platforms.
Like any social app, the games are free to play, and you can purchase credits or coins that you need to play. You will win coins and credits too, but they cannot be converted into cash.
The main aspect of these games is social interaction, not winning money. The social casino is also one of the best places to learn how to play table games and other casino games without risking real money.
Live Dealer Games You May Like
Features of Social Gambling
People are drawn to live social casino games because they have a lot of features that may not be available in real-cash casinos. Privacy is not a huge concern because you are not winning any money. There is no risk involved even if you have won 10,000,000 coins. It is not real, and nobody will be interested in robbing you. Here are some of the features you can find in the top online social games.
You can add your friends to your list and play with them at the same time in the same room or game. The great thing about this is that you do not have to be with your friend physically to enjoy the same activity. You can be at home, and your friend is on a train, and you can play the game while you are connected on a Facebook call.
It is also a common practice for friends to play while they are together, like while having lunch. It is a great past time when there are no outdoor activities that friends can do at the moment. Adding your friends has rewards. You can receive more coins and use this money to play more.
A social casino has leaderboards for you to see who among the players are at the top of the games. In many apps, there are separate leaderboards that will only show a list of your friends. This is also present in real-cash online casinos, but you will have no idea who the top players are. Only their nicknames are shown, and you cannot see any more detail about them.
Leaderboards are used all the time to motivate players into spending more time in the game. They entice players to do better, learn how to become better players and aim for the grand prize for staying on top of the leaderboard.
Some friends use the leaderboards to gamble for real. They will set rules among themselves and then commence the game. Once the target deadline or target score is hit, the payer wins and collects money from his friends.
Gifting is a cool feature that you can use in live social casino gaming. It is not available in live casino games to protect people’s identities. In this kind of gaming, you can buy a stranger some virtual stuff like wine, hats, clothing, and so much more.
The gifting feature adds fun to the group and can also be used to give coins to friends. If a friend is out of coins, you can pass yours to him/her so he/she can play again.
In some cases, players have found a way to monetize this. There are those who charge real money in exchange for coins. They sell the game coins for a much lower price than the app developer, and they earn money from other players who cannot wait for the next day to receive their free coins.
You can chat with people anytime you want in a social slots casino, but you cannot chat with the dealer because the dealer is typically a robot or a program. The messaging feature can add a lot of fun. You can comment on a good move done by another player or congratulate them for winning.
It can also be used for bad things. Some players use this to ridicule others, like those who take an eternity to decide if they would fold, check, or call on a poker game. At best, you can meet new people, but it is rare to find an app where you can create a private chatroom with another player.
Messaging is also found in real-money online casinos, but you can typically only chat with the dealer. You can also see the comments of other players, but there are strict rules about being nice and being polite. Violation of these rules can be grounds for your account to get banned.
Challenges and Tournaments
A social slot casino often offers tournaments, and the winner will get a huge amount of coins that players can only be envious of. The tournaments held here do not require money, but there are many cases where you need a specific amount of coins to be able to join. You can either wait for days to receive more coins or buy the coins instantly. If you do buy the coins, you have to buy them for real money.
Tournaments are not uncommon in poker or a slot social casino. In poker, you need to enter the event and beat all the other players to emerge as the champion, in a similar way that professional poker tournaments are held.
Integration with Other Sites
One great thing about this kind of gaming is that you can integrate it with social media. Most of these games are tied up with Facebook. Here are the benefits of doing this:
- Post achievements – you can post your achievements online, and these posts will show on your media feed. If you have friends who see this, they will share the victory with you and congratulate you for a job well done.
- Add friends – as you post your victories, you can invite friends to download the game. If they do, you can get rewarded with coins.
- Recover lost data – if you lose your phone or tablet, you can easily recover your game data. All you need to do is to download and install it on your new device and log in using your Facebook account. All the information found on your lost device will be transferred to your new phone.
Difference Between Social and Real Online Casino Games
Apart from money, there are a few key differences between social media games and real casino apps.
- Regulation – free games are not heavily regulated. In fact, they aren’t regulated at all. In real casinos, they have to obtain a license from the government, and then they need to go through regular audits to ensure that they are not rigging the games.In free Facebook app gaming, this does not happen. At most times live social casinos are not required licensing due a fact that there is no element of chance in the gameplay. While it is true that you can buy coins if you want to, the government does not have to step in because the coins you lost in the game can never be converted into real money anyway. It is like as if the money you used to buy coins are considered gone, and that you made that purchase for the sole purpose of entertainment.
- Profit – in a real casino, the money you win is your profit. You can withdraw it and then use it to make real-life purchases. You cannot do this in slots social casino. If you bought coins and won really big, you cannot convert that back into money.The only exception here is some other live social casinos that have a partnership with real casinos in Las Vegas. There are free gaming casinos where you can earn points and then exchange them for goods in the real-life casino, such as drinks and food. However, there are no real money casinos where you can exchange points for cash.
- Security – there is not much security going on in social casino apps. The reason behind this is that they are banking on the platform where they sold the game or the coins. If you buy coins for an app that you downloaded on Android, it is Google that will process your payment.While some companies will take the time to use SSL and other security technologies to protect their clients, most of them will just rely on the security of Facebook or Apple or Google. In cash-based online casinos, this cannot happen. Online casino managements use the highest possible online security systems for their games, records, and financial transactions.
- Trophies – in social gambling, you get trophies as you accomplish missions. You cannot do this in online casinos. Winning in online casinos only rewards you with money, not with trophies. Although online casinos have VIP programs, most of them work not by your winnings, but by the amount of money you deposited.There are different motivating factors involved in real-cash gaming, but for social ones, trophies are a great way to give players a sense of accomplishment. They also get rewarded with coins if they meet these goals, and they will play more often to achieve higher goals.
- Social – the key social aspect to social gaming is that you can broadcast to the world that you are a player, with no dire consequences. You can chat and use your real name if you want, and you can post your achievements online. In real casinos, you cannot do this.You can invite friends if you chance upon refer-a-friend programs, but that only thing they can get from you is your referral link. Sure, they will know that you are spending real money in the casino, but they will never be able to see your profile or how much cash you have in your account.
Top Social Casino Games in 2024
To give you an overview of the games you can play, we have gathered the top social gaming titles that you can try. These are titles that have already amassed a huge following.
- Buffalo Dreams from Slotomania is a 5-reel slot machine where you will be spinning symbols of American animals like the eagle, the buffalo, and the elk. It has wilds, scatter symbols, and it sports 50 pay lines.Slotomania is a site that offers hundreds of slot machines in various genres. Upon signing up, you will get 20,000 free coins. You can play on your desktop or download the app to your mobile device. You can also integrate the app with your Facebook account, so you do not lose your game data.
- Zeus Fortune by Caesar’s Social Casino is a slot machine that you can play on Facebook. It has five reels and three rows, and it offers a progressive jackpot. There are five progressive jackpots in the game called Major, Super, Ultimate, Grand, and Minor. The theme revolves around ancient Greek gods and goddesses, and you can also enjoy the rewards from its partner Playtika.Get up to 40,000 coins upon sign up, and choose from dozens of games like roulette, slot machines, roulette, blackjack, poker, and more. The company consistently adds new selections, and it has a VIP program, too.
- Cinderella by Huuuge Casino does not require you to be online to play this game. It sits on a 5×3 grid and has 20 pay lines. Here, you can enjoy the presence of wilds, scatters, and multipliers. If you have spent all your coins, just wait for two hours, and they will be replenished.Available in Google Play, you can win up to 5,000,000 free chips here. You can choose to play slots, poker, baccarat, roulette, and other popular casino favorites.
Who Plays in a Social Casino?
Social games are not played by everybody. The target market for this kind of gaming is those who love to gamble but do not want to invest in real casinos. Children and minors are also customers, as they cannot register in real online casinos sites. There are also professional gamblers who play to practice, especially for skill games like poker and blackjack.
They will take whatever they learned to real-cash games. As a result of their practice, they can make informed and better decisions in real-cash casinos. There are also newbies who need to practice specific games to understand the rules. Once they feel confident about their skills, they will move on to online casinos where they can play for real money.
Pros and Cons of Social Gaming
There are many benefits and drawbacks of social gaming, and we will try to explain each. This is not to say that real-cash games are better, as it also has its own cons, especially losing money.
- Faster innovation – since social games are not heavily regulated, it is easy for developers to enter the market and release new titles. There is also no limit to how they can design new games since no regulator is involved in checking if the games are fair
- Social aspects – you can chat and share your achievements online, and you can make new friends, too.
- Less financial risk involved – there is a little money involved, but only if you want to spend. You can get free coins every day and lose them all, and it will not put a dent in your pocket.
- Easy to get started – you do not need to verify your identity to get started. You just need to download the games. In real casinos, you cannot withdraw unless you provide valid government documents.
- Lots of games to choose from – there are many developers of social games, and the barrier to entry is low. You can choose from a lot of variants, and there is no limit to the creativity of the game developers.
- Real cash spent is gone – you cannot convert your coins into real cash. If you made a purchase to add coins to your account, consider it gone. Even if you find brick-and-mortar casinos that will swap with your points or coins, you can only get free drinks.
- No real financial gains – you can win millions of coins or achieve the highest spot in the leaderboard, but this will not convert into money. All the coins you paid for are for your entertainment only.
- No clear standards – since no one regulates these developers, you will never really know if the games are fair. You may keep on losing money by purchasing coins, only to find out that the games are not truly random.
- Lack of serious game design – although there are many games to choose from, there are also countless amateur developers who just copy the game design from others. It is not unusual to find social games that are lacklustre, like as if the developers just wanted to put out the game, without even considering the quality.
Popular Social Casinos You Can Try
There was a time when Zynga dominated this niche. Back in 2008, Zynga introduced poker to Facebook and had a massive following. Today, there are many companies that offer the same experience, and they are all fighting for your attention. Here, we will be taking a look at some of the most popular social gaming sites that you can test.
- Zynga is one of the oldest companies to offer social gaming, and it offers some of the top social games. It is the pioneer in the industry, and now it has branched out to many other games. The first game it offered was Zynga Poker, where Facebook users could interact and play with their friends online. It is also the company behind the popular game called Farmville.Today, you can choose from several Zynga games like Hit It Rich!, which is a collection of several slot machines, or Wizard of Oz Slots, which is a series of slot machines based on the same theme. Zynga Poker will give you the chance to compete against other players in Texas Hold’Em
- Slotomania is an app that you can download and play lots of the best casino social slots. It is served on both desktop and mobile platforms. Slotomania has more than 5.4 million active users, and you can access the games on either an Android or iOS device. It is connected to Facebook, so it is a true social gaming site.After the registration, you will begin to receive free coins on a daily basis. There is also what is called Playtika rewards, which is similar to a VIP program. Here, you need to play more often and achieve goals to increase your status. As you do this, you will receive free coins and gifts.
- Double Down Casino company has 5 million users on a monthly basis. It offers not just slots but also popular social games like poker, bingo, blackjacks, and other games. You can play them from your Facebook account for download the app and integrate or connect it to your Facebook account. If you are tired of the social games, Double Down has a real casino where you can wager real cash.Basically, the social gaming aspect is a bait to lure players into investing real money, but only after they have the confidence to do so. There are many promo codes in this casino, and you can enjoy more value for your money since you will be getting more coins if you join these promotions. Since it is only social gaming, you cannot convert these coins into cash.
- The Big Fish Casino. Big Fish used to be a developer of virtual games like mystery-themed games and the popular Virtual Villagers that spawned several sequels. Today, it offers some of the best online social games like solitaire, craps, blackjack, roulette, slot machines, and many more.You can access the Big Fish game selection on Amazon, Facebook, Google Play, and Apple App Store. If you want, you can also download the casino directly from the Big Fish Casino website. Upon signing up, you will receive 100,000 chips. From then on, you can participate in the games to win huge jackpots. You can also win free spins or use promo codes to get more chips.
- Maryland Social Casino. Maryland Live! Casino was launched in 2016. It is an interactive gaming website that has an app on mobile devices. On this app, gaming enthusiasts can play and interact with each other and choose from a wide selection of games.The Maryland Live! Casino offers free online games on Android and iOS. With the app, they can play for free, but they have to be at least 21 years old. As a freemium service, the casino provides new players with 5,000 credits to start playing. They can use these credits to earn more and play more. Once the credit balance is depleted, they have to purchase more or wait for free bonuses to arrive. Some social casinos offer daily bonuses, while some offer the freebies every hour.The player has the option to become a Rewards Club member or not. As a member, the player has to link his card to the app, and he will be rewarded 10% rebate in purchases for credits. The rebates can only be used in the social casino universe. These credits are merely virtual coins. They are not real money, and they cannot be converted to real cash. In the casino, players can enjoy competing against other players or simply play solo games like slot machines. There are also blackjack tables, poker, and roulette tables.
- GameTwist Social Casino. GameTwist has been around since 2002. It is known for its 3D graphics and features that make the casinos look realistic. As a result, players have a much better experience.You can play GameTwist games on Facebook and invite your friends, too. There are hundreds of games to choose from the platform, and there is no real money involved. All the chips you use here are virtual, and you can enjoy playing without risking real cash.To get started, you just have to register and then start playing on either a desktop or mobile device. With over 300 slot machines, the social casino has a great navigation menu that makes it easy for you to find the ones you like. The games belong to appropriate categories, so you can choose only those that have a jackpot or those that feature fruit symbols, etc.Apart from slot machines, players have a wide selection of table games like video poker, blackjack, roulette, and more. There are also live blackjack and live dealer roulette variants where you get to play with a real live dealer from a studio.
- New MegaVegas Social Casino. MegaVegas social casino takes games to a new level. Here, you will spin slot machines without investing cash. Players who register can receive daily bonuses and prizes and also get the opportunity to participate in tournaments. The social casino offers daily missions. It is a mobile-enabled game, and you can refer your friends.If they join, you will receive rewards. As a social casino, you are not risking real money when you play. The website has live chat support if you need help and has a wide array of game selections from slots to blackjack and roulette.
Live social casinos are here for entertainment, but they are also a gateway to take you to the real deal. The great upside of casino social gaming is that you do not lose real money, provided that you have control over your playing habits. However, you can also spend a fortune on buying chips or coins if you cannot wait for your new coins to come the following day.
How Do I Find Maryland Live Casino Social Games?
To find the game, you first need to install the app on your phone. You can go to Google Play Store or iTunes and look for the app. Install and register to start playing. You have the option to be a Rewards Club member by adding a credit or debit card to your account.
Social Casinos: Are They Only Limited to Social Slots?
No, they are not limited to social slots. Social casinos also offer table games like roulette, baccarat, blackjack, and video poker. Some even have live dealer games. In a live dealer game, you will place your bet, and a real person is going to facilitate the rounds. Some social casino sites host real tournaments. These tournaments are played against real players, and the best one wins a jackpot prize. The prizes are in coins or credits, but they are not real cash.
Is It Free to Play in Social Casinos?
Yes, it is free to register and play in social casinos. After your registration is complete, you will receive chips, credits or coins. You can use the coins to bet and then win more. If you deplete your credits, you have to buy more. Some social casinos allow gifting, which means you can send over some credits to your friends. Keep in mind that these coins or credits have no intrinsic value. They cannot be used in the real world as cash.
How Much Money Do I Need to Play?
You do not need money to play. Once your credits are depleted, you have to purchase more coins. The prices of the coins and credits vary from one social casino to another. Some offer millions of coins for less than $5. If you do not want to spend, you can take advantage of special offers, like a daily coin refresh. Some casinos let you watch advertisements, and you can receive credits afterwards.