Free Penny Slots
Penny slots are ideal for casual gamblers seeking thrilling casino games without high stakes. They are similar to regular slot machines, but the main difference is that you can play with just a one-cent wager. It makes low-stakes slots a better choice for people who don’t want to spend much on gameplay. Below, our team has prepared examples of the most popular penny slot titles with a detailed explanation of their functioning.
What Exactly Are Penny Slots?
Penny slots are pokie machines letting you place bets as little as 0.01 AUD per line. Typically, there is a specific minimum line limit (e.g. 10 lines per spin). It may result in a higher wager cost per spin, but it can still be as low as 0.10 AUD. Despite the low-priced bets, these machines can still make satisfactory payouts, especially if you play progressive penny slots.
They do not differ regarding gameplay, bonus games, symbols, and general rules. However, they are mostly limited to fruits and Vegas in terms of themes. Free penny slots games are also offered to try out in a demo mode.
Why Play Free Penny Slots at Slotozilla?
As gambling enthusiasts, we are an old hand at slots. We have created our resource with the primary goal of providing you with the best free penny slots no download titles, all in one convenient place. The main reasons to try a Slotozilla free gameplay are the following:
- You can try all the free penny slot machines without registering or sharing your personal information.
- You don’t need to download a program or application to play free slots; you can use a web browser instead.
- The website supports all devices and offers the same features & performance on both desktop and mobile.
- Besides the penny slots at no cost, we also test and choose the best online casinos for Australian players where you can try your favourite games for real money.
Recommended No Deposit Offers in 2023 - Top Picks by Slotozilla
A$10 Free No Deposit
25 Free Spins No Deposit on Dig Dig Digger
AU$20 Free Chip
| || |
30 Free Spins No Deposit on Dig Dig Digger
| || |
AU$15 Free Chip
15 Free Spins No Deposit
AU$10 No Deposit
15 Free Spins No deposit
A$10 Free No Deposit
25 Free Spins on Wolf Treasure (IGTech)
The Evolution of Penny Slots
The penny slots era started in 1891 with nickel machines that provided opportunities to win beverages or cigars. They were often called “card machines” due to the card-themed spinning drums they featured. Charles Fey designed the first slot machine in 1898 – the Card Bell slot. It offered automatic payouts through three spinning reels displaying symbols like stars and bells. However, Fey didn’t secure a patent for his concept, resulting in various versions of penny slot machines appearing.
The popularity of these penny slots lasted until the 1960s when electronic slot machines called “Money Honey” and “Fortune Coin” entered the scene. Despite more elaborate high-stakes slot machines, penny slots were significant due to their appeal to players who prefer wagering smaller amounts.
Like almost every land-based casino game, low-wager slots have made their way into online casinos. Nowadays, many slot games on casino websites are of this type.
Pros and Cons of Penny Slots
Like all other casino games, one-cent slots have some pros and cons. We recommend you check out the table below to get an idea of what you’re in for before engaging.
|They require min 1¢ bet so that anyone can play. You can even try several games without spending too much.||Substantial payouts are less common compared to other slot types.|
|This is a great option for newbies, as small-bet slots have simple mechanics and features.||Return to Player (RTP) rates are lower in general.|
|You can still receive satisfactory payouts even if you don’t have a huge bankroll.||Theme variety is more restricted compared to other slot types.|
|Classic slot features (jackpots, bonus games, multipliers, special symbols, etc.) are still available.||They typically have a limited number of paylines.|
|You can try penny slots for free to choose your favourite games to play for real.||They have a high potential for becoming addictive.|
Steps to Play Penny Slots Online
To play 1 cent slots online, proceed by following these steps:
- Find a trusted online casino from our list and select a slot game with a 1 cent per line bet.
- Take advantage of pokies no deposit bonus or other rewards on offer.
- Activate your desired paylines and spin the reels to match symbols across these lines for winnings.
- You may be lucky enough to trigger a bonus feature for added winnings.
- You have the choice to let the game spin automatically with “Autoplay” for several rounds or spin manually whenever you want to start a new round.
Tips to Win on Penny Slot Machines
Success in online 1 cent slot machines can be easy with a few key pointers. Luckily, we are here to provide the best tips before you start to play free slots:
- Have a plan and budget before playing. Stick to your strategy and bet only what you can afford.
- Understand the game. Knowing the pay tables, bonus features, and the maximum bet is crucial.
- Learn to use slot machine tools like autoplay and the stop spin button.
- Try playing free online penny slot machines to help build your strategy.
- Opt for lower payout games rather than progressives. This approach increases your chances of landing more frequent smaller payouts.
- Place maximum bets when possible. Even a small investment can make a big difference when luck is on your side.
- Take your time and wait for the right opportunity to hit big.
Progressive Jackpots at Penny Slots
Min wager slots with progressive jackpots can indeed offer pretty big payouts. Burning Hot, 88 Fortunes, Alice in Wonderland, and 100 Cats are some of the best examples of progressive penny slots. However, achieving the highest potential payout in such games usually requires placing the maximum bet. Note that you should play for real money; you cannot trigger the grand prize if you use demo gameplay for fun.
Is It Possible to Win a Jackpot on Penny Slot Machines?
Many players believe that penny slot games do not have a jackpot, but it’s false. You can win a fixed or progressive reward in these games too. This can happen in three different ways:
- A fixed jackpot can be found in the game. You can win, for example, by placing a certain number of special symbols at the same time.
- The game may feature a progressive jackpot, with its value increasing until someone wins. It is a less common option, as progressives are mostly exclusive to video slots.
- The game has no big prize, but it is connected to a particular wide-area jackpot pool. Hot Drops, for instance, is a progressive pool that covers hundreds of simultaneous games; any player can win the prize at any time.
Top 3 Rated Penny Slots
Penny games offer an astonishing array of options, leaving you uncertain where to begin. While this is a personal preference, we believe the following games should be on everyone’s list of the best online penny slots because of their features, payout potential, and bonuses.
Da Vinci Diamonds
This classic 5×3 IGT slot features a unique theme centred around the art and works of the famous Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci. If you place five game logos next to each other on a line, you potentially win 250x. If you fill all reels with them, you can receive a fixed jackpot of 5,000x. If you get 3 bonus symbols, you can trigger the feature with 6 free spins and additional bonus symbols; the winning perceptive can come up to 15 extra spins.
|Da Vinci Diamonds||94,93%||Multiplier Payouts, Free Spins, Fixed Jackpot|
This game is played on a 4×5 grid and has 40 paylines. It features a serene and picturesque forest scene, with tall trees, a moonlit sky, and a distant mountain range. A wolf howling at the moon is the wild symbol; you can fill one or more reels with it. This greatly increases your winning chances, as the wild can substitute other symbols. You can win 2x and trigger the feature consisting of 5 free spins with 3 bonus symbols.
|Wolf Run||94,98%||Stacked Wilds, Free Spins|
Wizard of Oz
It’s another classic WMS slot with 5 reels and 30 paylines. The game features a background that transports players to the magical land of Oz, showcasing scenes like the Yellow Brick Road, the Emerald City, and the enchanting landscapes from the movie. Released in 2010, Wizard of Oz is still prevalent in the casino penny slots category. This game has several special rewards. The wild symbols can cover the whole screen, and if you manage to get into the Emerald City and uncover its secrets, you can obtain a large reward. Also, you can activate free spins with extra wild symbols.
|Wizard of Oz||95,99%||Expanding Wilds, Mini Games, Free Spins|
How to Budget for Penny Pokies?
Online penny slots are affordable games, but you can make even more out of your budget by following a few easy tips. They include the following:
- Don’t play online pokies with more than you can afford to lose – there is no such thing as a winning guarantee.
- Always play responsibly and, if necessary, take advantage of the casinos’ self-exclusion tools to limit your budget.
- Instead of spending your entire bankroll on one game, divide it into units of ten and use each unit in a different slot with bonus games.
Top Penny Slot Casinos to Play for Real Money
Now you understand what penny slot games are and what to expect from them. You can explore free penny slots machines at Slotozilla with no time or feature restrictions. However, if you decide to play with real money, choose only the best penny slot casinos. To make this process easy, we have selected the top options using different criteria such as game collection, AUD support, payment options, customer service and casino bonuses.
|SkyCrown Casino||UP TO AU$4000 + 400 FREE SPINS|
|Olympia Casino||UP TO AU$10,000 + 200 FREE SPINS|
|Ripper Casino||AU$10 FREE + AU$7500|
|Stay Casino||AU$5000 + 300 FREE SPINS|
|Fast Pay Casino||100% UP TO AU$150 + 100 FREE SPINS|
Penny Slot Machines – FAQs
Which penny slots are the most popular?
Davinci Diamonds, Wolf Run and Hot Hot are the most popular penny slots. They have amazing graphics and many bonus rounds to keep you spinning the reels for hours.
Is it possible to get free spins on penny slots?
Most online casinos offer free spins for penny slots as part of a bonus or loyalty program. They can help you boost your winnings and have extra fun playing your favourite penny slot machines.
Do penny slots cost just a penny?
No, penny slots can range in cost from as low as $0.01 to as much as $1 or more per spin. However, they're still affordable compared to slots with higher deposits, allowing players to experience casino gaming.
How can I win big with penny slots?
Look for penny slots with bonus features, like wild symbols and bonus rounds. Take advantage of these additional ways to win and bet max to get the best payout. Try different machines until you find a winner.
Can I play penny slots on mobile devices?
You can easily access and play penny slots on your mobile device, including the free penny slots no downloads options. Many apps are available to choose from that feature classic slot games and all their popular variants for your convenience.