Lucky 88 is a Chinese-themed online slot game developed by Aristocrat Gaming. It features five reels and 25 pay lines. The game offers an RTP of 95.6%, which is roughly average for online pokies in Australia.
Lucky 88 is entirely safe to play and is offered by some of the most reputable online casinos in the industry. It also features several awesome bonus opportunities that offer a fantastic return and makes up for the fact that you’re not getting incredible graphics or a cool animal theme so that players will enjoy free spins to the fullest.
Lucky 88 Pokie Key Features
|Free Spins: Yes
||Maximum Bet: 5
|Bonus Round: Yes
||Highest Payout: 888X original bet (not including bonuses)
|Progressive Jackpot: No
|Multiplier Bonus: Yes
|Mobile Friendly: Yes
||Minimum Bet: 0.01
||Scatter symbol: Yes
How to Play Lucky 88 Pokie
If you’re interested in Lucky 88 pokies and their spins, you can try it out with free spins before paying. Since this is an Aristocrat slot game, it’s really easy to start. Here’s how:
- Log into a site that offers Lucky 88.
- Add money to your account if you want to play for real prizes.
- Choose your bet level.
- Click on the “SPIN” button.
- Get your rewards.
Those are the basics to get you started now. But we’ll include some more detailed guidance below. Keep in mind, you don’t have to bet big to win big, especially if you place small wagers consistently:
No Lucky 88 review would be complete without a look at the game’s pay lines. Here’s how those work.
You get paid for getting 3, 4, or 5 of any of the following symbols:
- Cranes and golden lines
- Chinese lamp
- Chinese drums
- Queen, Jack, or 10, 9
Many people who look up a Lucky 88 slot machine review do so because they want to know the betting range. The good news is that there really is no minimum coin amount you need to start playing.
The minimum bet for Lucky 88 is technically nothing since you can try it out with free play. And even the paid version can be played for as little as $0.01 per spin.
The maximum bet amount for this game is 888 coins. This spin amount makes the pokie much higher risk but also opens up the potential for massive rewards, even though there isn’t a progressive jackpot to win.
Lucky 88 Payments and Winning Combinations
The payline and winning combination for this pokey slot game are pretty straightforward. You win when you get 3, 4, or 5 of any of the symbols covered by us in the earlier section. The amount ranges from 88x your bet down to 5x your bet based on the symbols and numbers that you get.
The Lucky 88 game really stands out with its Jackpot Wheel. It doesn’t offer a progressive jackpot but has six bonus features and bonus rounds to choose from.
- Wild – Every spin has a new randomly-selected Wild symbol and offers a bonus if you hit the wild symbol.
- Scatter – The Traditional Chinese Lamps are the scatter bonus game symbol. Three of the scatter symbol lamps trigger a bonus features game, which can be Lucky Dice or Free Spins.
- Free Spins – Scatter wins can unlock anywhere between 20 to 3 free spins. These spins have a random multiplier of 5 to 88x your original bet on the Lucky 88 slot.
- Lucky Dice – This bonus feature is an alternative to free spins. You get three dice rolls. Each 8 that you role stays and gives you a re-roll. You keep going until you get 8 separate 8s or roll no more 8s.
- Gamble Your Winnings – You can win real money and gamble your winnings each time you hit something on this pokey. This extra choice feature means there’s a bonus round on the Lucky 88 slot every time.
Lucky 88 Mobile Version
There is no dedicated Lucky 88 app or specific mobile site. But the game has been optimised to be played on mobile devices with background music, golden lions, and the same symbols, so you don’t need to worry about that.
You can visit the same Lucky 88 slot game pokey on your Android, iOS, Blackberry, or Windows Phone and continue playing while on the go.
Our Opinion After Playing Lucky 88
Lucky 88 doesn’t look like much when you first fire it up. The graphics are poor, and the payout lines are a little confusing. But once you understand the game, you realise just how much value it’s offering.
We managed to hit several bonuses during our review. These are a ton of fun and give you the ability to win in several different ways.
We also tried playing on an Android phone and had no difficulty whatsoever. And since there’s no minimum bet amount, you can play for a really long time without spending all your money – especially if you hit high card values that activate the scatter symbol on the Lucky 88 slot game.