18+ New Players. Min. £10 deposit. 100% up to £300 + 30 bonus spins on selected games. £5 min. wager to activate deposit spins- expire 3 days from claiming. 35x wagering before bonus or winnings can be withdrawn. £5 max. stake using bonus. Skrill, Neteller deposits excluded from offer. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Numerous regions around the world are known for their huge indulgence in online gaming, Austria is among the few to top this list. Gambling is widely enjoyed across the country and has been labeled among the most popular pastime activities for its residents.
Regulations Surrounding Austria Casinos
The government of Austria is quite active in both the offline and online arena, making sure to enforce laws that regulate how the activity is conducted. Gaming laws have seen numerous revisions over the years, with the most recent being almost a decade ago back in 2010. Even so, the laws do not restrict any form of gambling, and they are all allowed across the region. However, the only requirement is that the government regulates them.
The government of Austria has categorized this activity into two categories: small gambling and big gambling. The former entails the placement of fifty cents or less in wagers while the latter is anything higher than that. According to the law, the former can be conducted anywhere where there are games that require low stakes to place wagers. The latter, on the other hand, can only be done in establishments that have the necessary authorization from the government. However, due to the capability of states within the territory to make and pass their own laws, some have barred the small gambling practice. Therefore, gamers are advised to study the laws of individual states on gambling to avoid running into any trouble; this especially applies to visitors who may end up confusing the laws of the country with those of an individual state.
The main aim of the laws set up by the country is to make sure that all casinos meet certain standards to keep the personal and financial information provided by gamers safe. This is especially the case with online casinos since players are required to provide sensitive information when registering with a casino. Additionally, the laws in place ensure that gambling destinations cannot be used as fronts for criminal cartel operations.
Any country that has gambling as an established industry can testify to the fact that it is a high source of revenue. And due to its huge existence on the online platform, the collection of this revenue can be hard to govern if proper laws are not put in place. For this reason, the Austrian government has taken the lead with the governance of this business to ensure that tax collection from Austria owned casinos is done appropriately.
Other laws imposed on the industry are aimed at individual business categories under this activity. In the case of playing casino games such as slots, blackjack, baccarat, and poker, they can only be provided in a gambling establishment licensed by the government. Additionally, the casino must have a clear list of all the games it provides supplied to the necessary authorities so that they can be included in the license it is handed. However, depending on the state, slots can lack a limit on the amount of money that can be won.
In the case of betting, nothing outside of sports betting is legal. This has allowed online gambling destinations to fully invest in sports and other events such as horse racing without limitations. This also applies to lottery games, and they come in a wide assortment including keno, lotto, and bingo. When it comes to the placement of real money wagers, one must be above the age of eighteen to participate.
Online gambling also has some laws that are specifically aimed toward its regulation. Considering the fact that some of the biggest online gaming software companies have their roots in the country, the government has had quite the experience in regulating the arena for a while now. Like most nations with a vast online gaming industry, all online casinos have to acquire a license from the government. This may seem quite usual, except for the fact that it bars the registration of any outsider from registering with them. Therefore, those in Austria are the only casinos accepting gamblers within the country’s borders. However, the residents are not restricted from indulging in international gambling sites.
Selection of an Austria Casino
The availability of thousands of online gambling destinations at one’s feet can be quite confusing for gamers. There are certain factors that one should have in mind to select the diamonds from the ruff for the best online gaming experience. The Austria online casino and gambling guide factors include:
- Licenses providedAside from the license offered by the government of Austria, being licensed to operate by other accredited international licensing bodies is a significant indicator of the quality of a casino. Casinos that have been authorized by agencies such as the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority can be trusted. This is because these two commissions are strict on the upholding of set gaming regulations by bodies that hold their licenses. Additionally, one should look to see if the random number generators have been tested to ensure they are not biased in favor of the casino. Bodies that are used for this purpose include eCOGRA and TST. The licensing and testing information is usually provided on a casino’s homepage in the form of seals.
- Payment methodsIf one is going online to indulge in games for fun, this should not be an issue. However, for real money gamblers, the cashier options provided will determine where you play. One should make sure that the casino, especially those that are international, come with an option that suits the region and one’s spending limits. Some of the popular methods used in Austria include Skrill, PayPal, Paysafe Card, Neteller, Skrill, Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro. Depending on the option selected, it can either be used for deposits, withdrawals, or for both. Additionally, the time within which transactions are processed will depend on the casino; some casinos come with instant withdrawals, while others could give a pending time of up to three days.One of the biggest advantages of Austria is the fact that they use the euro as their currency. Being one of the most used currencies around the world, most online casinos provide it as an option. However, if it doesn’t, the gambler should look into payment methods that come with the option of currency change.
- Multilingual optionAustria is known to have four official languages as opposed to the popular one: German, Hungarian, Slovenian, and Austrian German. Since English is the most popularly provided language in online casinos, gamblers should look for sites that come in more than one language, if not solely in their language. Some of the best gambling sites set the site’s language to the area’s common tongue by default. However, some sites will require a manual change in the settings option.
- Game collectionThe main aim of going on a gambling site is to enjoy the array of games they have to offer. Therefore, one should look at the game collection of each site before settling on a casino. Most online casinos are built with slots as their main attraction. This comes as no surprise seeing that slot games are the highest demanded casino games. However, this does not mean that other casino games are in short supply. Other games that are provided include blackjack, baccarat, roulette, keno, craps, poker, and bingo. Most sites will come with a mixture of all these games, while others will be dedicated to the provision of a specific type of game. The gamer should select the casino that provides games according to what they would like to play.
- Customer support teamClient support teams are used in numerous industries as a way of communicating with clients and resolving any issues that are presented. Seeing that they are the ones that have personal dealings with clients, they go a long way in determining how well a business will do. This policy also applies to the online casino business. Gamers should consider how well a casino’s team is responsive to the issues of clients and how long it takes to get to them. Also, they should be keen on the methods of communication that are provided including phone, email, fax, and live chat. The latter is especially useful in resolving issues that require immediate attention. Additionally, the time of availability should be looked at. Casinos that are only available during their day hours may be inconvenient, especially if they are based in the opposite time zone.
- Bonus offersBonuses and promotions are a great way to build one’s bankroll without having to spend too much. Like in any other industry, casinos use such offers to lure new clients to try out their services and maintain existing clientele. They are offered in the form of:
- Sign up bonus – this is given immediately one signs up with a casino. It comes in the form of free spins, a small amount of cash, or both.
- Welcome bonus – this is offered once the gambler makes a real money commitment. In most cases, it is given as a match promotion of the deposit that is made and is sometimes accompanied by free spins. Other casinos can have the bonus as a fixed amount that is given despite the deposit that is made
- Reload bonuses – these bonuses are offered to existing clients. They come as match promotions, free spins, and cashbacks.
Casinos are constantly changing up the rewards they provide to outdo their competition. Therefore, one should look around before settling for a specific site to find the best offer there is.
Popular Austria Casinos
Being the birthplace of some of the most popular gaming providers, one can guess that the gamers in this region have nothing short of a wide assortment of casinos to choose from. Some of the best Austria casinos online include:
- Thrills CasinoThis casino was established barely a decade ago in 2013 and has quickly risen the ranks to become one of the best destinations for gambling activities in the country and around the world. The casino holds licenses from the UKGC, MGA, and Curacao eGaming. It has its games provided by some of the most prestigious online gaming software developers such as Microgaming, Net Entertainment, and NextGen Gaming.Even with all these features, what has made this casino really stand out is the user-friendly interface that it is developed with. Additionally, it comes with a live casino option powered by Evolution Gaming, which has become a huge sensation over the recent years.
- Energy CasinoRun by Probe Investments Limited, Energy casino has been in the game since 2012. Having less than a decade of experience in the field has not stopped this gambling site from winning the hearts of thousands across Austria and becoming among the most preferred gambling destinations. It comes with a huge selection of slots, blackjack, roulette, and baccarat variations packed with bonus rounds.
In the selection of the perfect casino to indulge in, gamblers should always consider reading online reviews. Most casinos come with a comment section for gamers to write about their experience. Even so, they have the option to look through review sites such as Ask Gamblers, which provide genuine reviews and ratings of various casinos. Nevertheless, one should read through the regulations stipulated by each site to know what they are signing up for.