Key of the Nile Slot Review
Key of the Nile is an Egyptian-themed slot machine sitting on five reels. This game was created by Edict developer, in association with Merkur. The slot offers ten bet ways and some features that will help improve your winning odds. Launched in 2018, the game sports Egyptian symbols like ancient Egyptian structures, a pharaoh, the scarab, and others.
Here is the Key of the Nile slot overview.
|Free Spins Bonus||Yes|
|Game Developer||Edict (Merkur)|
|Min Max Bet||0.10 to 20|
|Slot Type||Video Slot|
How to Play the Key of the Nile Slot Machine
Here are some key steps to play the game.
Choose a bet between 0.1 and 20 credits. This selection is the line bet that is already multiplied by 10 pay lines. The next step is to spin the reels by hitting the green Play button. Wait for the reels to stop; the slot will award you money if you make a winning combination.
The game has two main features to make it easier to win. These feature symbols are the wild and the scatter symbol.
- Wild – this is the golden key, which looks like an ankh. If it appears on the slot, it will function as a substitute to any symbol, except the scatter. As a substitute, it should be able to help you create a winning combination.
- Key feature – every time you get a wild on your reels, you gain a point (even if your wild hasn’t created a combo). Each reel has four points to fill. When you get four points under the reel, the Key feature will start. Your wild will expand, and it will stay for the next three spins, providing you with better winning odds.
Please note, these three spins are not free respins. You are playing in base mode, using your bets. But if you try to change your bet during this feature, it will end immediately.
Also, if you change your bet amount during the base game, your Key count will be zeroed out too.
- Scatter – the scatter symbol is the pyramid. This is the symbol that awards free spins. If you land at least three of this, you will receive ten bonus games. The scatter symbol does not have to be on a pay line. You will win more free games if you land more scatter symbols.
Free Spins rewards for Key of the Nile slot game:
- 5 scatters – 20
- 4 scatters – 15
- 3 scatters – 10
The pyramid symbol does not pay out money.
- Free Play Spins – the bonus spins will commence right after you land three or more scatters symbols. The bet size will be the same as your wager when the three scatters were triggered. However, no money will be taken out of your balance.
On the start of Free Spins game, you will get three Key points under every reel, so you have more chances to get an expanding wild.
- Gamble Feature – you have an opportunity to double your winnings with two gamble options. First is the card option: you have to guess the colour of the next card. Second is the ladder: you have to react quickly to get blinking prize lot.
The game has no jackpot or other bonus rounds.
Tips on Winning
To win Key of the Nile casino slot machines, you have to position three same symbols on a pay line. The positions are on the side of the grid. Click them to see where the symbols must land.
A combination must start from the first reel. If you land a winning combo in the middle reels, you will not win a prize. The slot only pays from left to right, but not from right to left.
The paytable changes in value, and this depends on the sizes of your bet. In the base game, the maximum you can win is 2,000 coins, but only if you wagered 20 coins for that round.
Below is an example of a high-paying symbols’ paytable at a bet of 20 coins.
|Number of Appearance in a Pay Line||SYMBOL|
Since Key of the Nile free slot machine has no jackpot round, the best strategy to use is to bet small. The scatter symbols are the key to winning big here, as it triggers free spins at no extra cost, and it activates the expanding sticky wild.
If you play Key of the Nile slot online with the biggest amount per round, you may not get to win free spins, especially so if you have a small budget. Wager small, so you can spin more rounds, and you may be able to activate the free spins bonus, and then recoup your losses in the previous rounds.
How to Play Key of the Nile Slot Online for Free and with Real Money
You can access the free Key of the Nile slot from our demo version. You do not have to download and install the game. You also do not have to register, nor do you have to deposit any money.
The game mechanics are the same, but the bet ranges will be different since casinos have control on the amount of bet they can allow on live paid games.
If you are ready to play with real money, choose from our recommended casinos. After registration, put the minimum deposit required, and then verify your identity to prevent withdrawal issues later on.
How to Play on Mobile Devices
The game is compatible with mobile devices. You can access it via a browser. No app is required if you play it free.
If you play the paid version, you may need to install a casino app, as some casinos require their members to use a mobile application.
The game is a simple slot machine that is easy to learn. While there are no jackpots and bonus rounds, the player can rake in a lot of wins with the scatter and the expanding sticky wilds.
Play free Key of the Nile slots on our site first before you invest real money. Understand the game rules and decide what strategy to use to win more money.
📌 What if I land more wilds during the free spins?
If this happens, the wilds will stay for the next three spins. If you get another wild, that second wild will stay for the next three rounds, but the previous wild won’t extend for more spins.
📌 How many free spins will I get with two scatters?
You will not win free spins if you only landed two free spins. You must have at least three on the grid.
📌 Will I win money against my total bet if I land scatter symbols?
No, the Key of the Nile free slots only award free spins, and this is maxed at 20 rounds. The slot machine does not award money for landing scatter symbols. Despite this, you can still win a lot in the free spins bonus since you do not have to spend anything in the bonus round.