In the simplest terms, Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. Because it is Linux based, it is an open source software. This means that anyone who wishes can use it freely on the devices they produce. Moreover, they can customize the operating system according to their brand and add new features, for example. Google does not distribute the Android operating system for free because it is a “nice” company: Android-based devices share their users’ data with Google. With this data, despite the fact that the operating system is free, Google is collecting very large amounts of personal information to generate revenue. Began to be developed in 2005, Android has now reached version 7 and it is getting new features in every version.
The biggest advantage of using an open source operating system is the ease of software development. By using Java-based Android Runtime, numerous applications can be developed for this operating system. Developers upload and market their apps through the official store called “Play Store”. Developing apps for Android is easy, and this makes it possible to see more options, such as lots of Android casino apps. However, as we will see below, it also has some disadvantages.
Advantages of Android
The biggest advantage of Android is that it does not depend on a specific brand. In other words, there is no such thing as “available only on HTC”. Anyone who wants can use this operating system on their mobile devices. Because of this, consumers have multiple options when they want to buy an Android-based mobile device. So whatever your budget is, you can find a suitable device for you. Since Android is a system that can work on different hardware, manufacturers can lower the price using, for example, lower-capacity RAMs. This sometimes prevents software with highly advanced features and graphics from running on low-hardware devices. However, this is not a real disadvantage because since it is also the reason for lots of price and model options.
The biggest difference with iOS, which is developed by Apple, is that iOS is a closed operating system and only available on Apple-manufactured devices. Since it is encoded to work with a predefined hardware, it does not cause any performance loss. So when you buy an iPhone, whichever application you use, you already know how your experience will be. This, however, also causes Apple devices to be extremely expensive. The price flexibility advantage of Android is not found on iOS devices.
The “App Store Difference”
The difference between the two operating systems also applies to official app stores. Because Apple has a closed operating system, the apps are limited in terms of features too. An app is being tested for a long time before it can be uploaded to the official iOS store. In this way, users are prevented from experiencing any problems. The Play Store is much more liberal in this regard: The applications are as flexible as the operating system and therefore, offer many more features. For this reason, for example, the number of Android casino games is much higher. However, the applications are not subjected to very detailed tests. While it may take days to publish an application you developed on the App Store, you can publish it on the Play Store within a few hours.
The stores of both operating systems are also very poor in terms of applications for casino games played with real money. Although available Android casinos are more numerous, we can generally say that there are not many options available. This is due to the obligation of Apple and Google to abide by the laws of many different countries. For example, if you live in a country where gambling is prohibited, you will not find any official real-money casino apps. However, if you live in the UK for example, the store will show you Android real money games. Still, we can say that official stores are inadequate for casino applications. However, Android still offers an advantage in this regard.
What You Need to Play Real Money Android Casinos?
Let’s start from the beginning: every Android device you can buy with a budget of around $ 300 will be enough to run casino apps. If you want more performance, you can increase your budget. (If we make a comparison, you need a budget close to $ 1,000 to buy an iPhone.) But for the standard and classic casino experience, $ 300 is more than enough. We do not recommend a brand because this is not the goal of this guide. We just advise you to prefer known and familiar brands.
After that, you need to find gambling games and casino apps. You can find casino games that you can play for free in the Play Store, no matter which country you live. So you do not have to look for a different source for gambling games. However, for real money casinos for Android, as we mentioned above, the official store is not a sufficient and appropriate source. Fortunately, you can get rid of this problem by using the advantages of an open source operating system.
Unlike iOS, you can install external software on your Android device. So you are not limited to the official store to find and install an application. You can run any program you want by installing the application’s .apk file on your device. As a matter of fact, online casinos offer exactly this: They upload their mobile apps to their websites, not to the official store. You download the .apk file from the website and simply install it on your device. This way, wherever you live in the world, you can benefit from real money Android casino apps.
If you experience a problem during installation, make sure “allow external resources” is checked in “Settings”. In addition, external applications cannot update themselves automatically. So you also need to manually check whether the software is updated or not. Once the download and installation are complete, you are now ready to gamble with real money on your mobile device.
Recommended Android Casinos
There are two main categories of Android casino apps: The ones developed by the online casino itself and developed by a software company. The difference between them is that software company applications are generally free and only include games. Online casino apps, on the other hand, have everything you need to gamble with real money: You can login or open an account, deposit and withdraw money, and play all the games at the casino. First, let’s give some examples of free casinos:
|Name of the App||Where to Get It||Features|
|Zynga Poker||App Store||All poker variants + multiplayer|
|Roulette Royale Mywaia||App Store||All roulette variants + multiplayer|
|Monopoly Bingo Storm8||App Store||Bingo + Monopoly + multiplayer|
|Free Slots Billionare Huuge Global||App Store||Slot machines|
|Slotomania Playtika||App Store||Best Android slots|
|Quick Hit Slots SG||App Store||Quick Hit branded slot machines|
|Bingo Blitz Playtikaa||App Store||Multiplayer bingo|
Let’s say once more: You cannot play games on this list for real money. They only give you the options and practicalities that can be used for casual gambling. In order to gamble with real money, you need to use the external casino apps we have described above. Below, you can see a list of these casinos:
|Name of the Casino||Where to Get It||Bonus|
|mFortune||Official website||5 EUR no deposit bonus|
|888||Official website||100 USD sign up bonus|
|Leo Vegas||Official website||100 USD sign up bonus|
|Clubworld||Official website||777 USD welcome bonus|
|Jackpot City||Official website||1.600 EUR welcome bonus|
|Spin Palace||Official website||1.000 EUR deposit bonus|
|Ruby Fortune||Official website||750 EUR deposit bonus|
Please note that bonus offers on this table are mobile-specific. We’ll discuss this in more detail below, but for now, you should know that you can benefit from exclusive promotions using mobile devices. In fact, here is another list that shows no deposit casinos for Android phones:
|Name||No Deposit Bonus|
|Casino Las Vegas||20 free spins|
|Yeti Casino||23 free spins|
|GDay Casino||60 free spins|
|Volcanic Slots||250 Rand|
|Majestic Slots||100 Rand|
Advantages of Using an Android Casino App
There are several advantages to using Android casino apps. Some of them provide you a financial advantage, while others make your job easier. Here’s a list of these advantages:
- Ease of Operation. You do not even need to go to the bank to deposit money or even be near an ATM. With mobile payment methods, you can deposit and withdraw money at any time. It’s enough to have an Android device with an Internet connection. You get the chance to pay and play even on a holiday where all banks are closed.
- Special Bonuses. Did you know that special bonuses are offered for Android casino app users? These are just mobile-specific offers and not available to desktop users. Android casino apps also expand the scope of campaigns available for all users. Sign-up bonus, deposit bonus, cashback bonus – you can earn 30% match rate while desktop users get up to 20%. Your Android device may receive daily free bonus offers. Withdrawal requirement can be lower for you as well. In short, Android casino apps offer many special benefits to mobile users and you will not be able to get them any other way.
- Low Commissions. Your preferred payment method may not require any commission for transfers made using the mobile app. For example, your bank may not ask for a fee for mobile transactions.
How to Make a Payment via Android Casino Apps
Depositing (and withdrawing money) with Android casino apps is extremely easy: Just open the app like any other app once you’ve installed it, and log in with your username/password. (You can also sign up directly if you want.) From within the application, open your account page and start depositing or withdrawing process. Depending on the method you prefer, you will need to use some additional applications. If we briefly mention them:
- If you use a credit card: You do not need any additional app, you can enter your card number directly.
- If you use an electronic wallet: Make sure that the mobile application of the wallet you are using (ECOPayz, Neteller, etc.) is also installed. Because the Android casino app will just ask you to enter the email address you use for the wallet service, the transfer will be completed through the mobile application of the wallet.
- If you use Bank Transfer: Make sure the mobile banking app of your bank is installed and you can receive SMS.
In short, there is no specific difference in terms of what you need to do. Deposit or withdraw money like you always do: You just need to use a mobile app instead of a browser. You do not need to pay an additional transaction fee for making money transfers using the Android app. This is also the case for withdrawals: When you want to withdraw money, there is no need to pay a commission. However, the electronic wallet service or bank you use may charge additional fees. Since the amount of these commissions is different at each bank, we advise you to ask the bank you are working with. You can see the commissions of the electronic wallet services below:
- ECOPayz: When sending money, 1.50% of the amount you send is cut as the transaction fee (minimum 0.50 EURO).
- AstroPay: There is no commission other than the payment you made for your card purchase.
- Paysafe Card: No additional fee is applied as it uses the same system as AstroPay.
- Neteller: Free to send money, 1.9% of the total amount (maximum 20 USD) is deducted to withdraw money.
FAQ About Real Money Android Casinos
- Is it free to use an Android casino app?
- Android casino apps are completely free. So you do not have to pay anything to install the mobile app.
- Signing up for a casino through the Android casino app is also completely free. You do not need to deposit money at the registration stage.
- However, whether you are using a mobile application or the mobile version of the casino’s website, you need to deposit money to play games.
As explained above, you can also make a deposit by using your mobile device.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an Android casino app?Advantages:
- Offering the opportunity to play games at any time and place.
- Exclusive mobile bonuses.
- Mobile applications are not affected by prohibitions applied by governments. If a casino site is banned in your country, you can still access it with the mobile app.
- You can deposit money and/or withdraw money whenever you want.
- The obligation to install mobile apps from non-official addresses. (As explained above, due to the law, you cannot install these apps officially through the Play Store.)
- Can I use any mobile device I want?Yes and no. Android is a flexible operating system, so it can work on lower hardware. The vast majority of casino games do not need advanced equipment. However, some games with enhanced graphics and features can cause performance problems on devices with low hardware.
- Can I use a tablet PC too?Yes. Once your operating system is Android, you can use any device you like. You do not have to use a mobile phone. Because they have larger screens, Tablet PCs can provide a better experience too. But make sure you have an internet connection.
- Which is better, Wi-Fi or 4G?Both works. However, 4G is available everywhere and while depends on your broadband connection speed, generally offers higher bandwidth. But make sure to watch your data rate if you are on a limited data plan.
- Are Android casino games different?Not really. They are usually mobile adaptations of popular casino games. So if you played a slot machine before, for example, you can still play the same game on your mobile device. However, due to hardware limitations, some features may be missing.
- Where can I find information about new Android casinos?You can find the most up-to-date information about Android casinos that can be played with real money on our website. Our team regularly evaluates new casinos and shares the results objectively with our visitors.