|Name||Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box||Bet Values||0.1 – 40|
|Provider||Big Time Gaming||RTP||96.64%|
|Type||Video Slot||Free Spins||Yes|
|Number of Reels||5||Wild||Yes|
|Number of Rows||3||Scatter||Yes|
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box Slot Review
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box is an online slot developed by Big Time Gaming and inspired by the classic TV game show with the same name. It's the provider's second slot to be themed after the gameshow, following the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Megaways slot that came out in 2018.
The theming of the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot machine is very well done. It's designed to resemble the gameshow and does an excellent job of making you feel as if you're in the hot seat as a contestant yourself. The penny slot is played on a standard gaming grid with three rows and five reels.
How to Play the Game
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box free slots game is quite easy to play. Once you've loaded the slot, decide how much money you want to bet with.
- Choose your stakes. To the left of the reels, you'll see the "STAKE" box with the current bet value displayed beneath. Use the green arrows to decrease and increase the current value to the one you want. There are quite a few options available, and they range from 0.10 to 40.
- Start the game. Once you've got your bet amount set, click on the large green button with a white triangle in it to spin the reels.
- Consider autoplay option. There is a button with two white arrows on it. Click this, and you'll be taken to the autoplay menu. Autoplay is a special feature where the slot spins the reels automatically for you. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box casino slot machines autoplay feature lets you choose the number of spins you want the slot to make for you (5, 10, 25, 50 or 100) and has two limits.
- For Loss Limit, the spins will stop once you've lost a set amount of money. The options are 20, 40, 60, 80 or No Limit.
- For Single Win Limit, the spins stop once you win over a set amount of money. For this, the options are 200, 1,000, 2,000, 10,000 or No Limit.
The slot has a rainbow-coloured wild that can appear on reels 2, 3 and 4. This wild substitutes for all of the standard symbols and act as a bonus to help you form winning combinations. Whenever the wild helps you win, it doubles the value of your winnings. If you happen to form a winning combination with more than one wild, the multipliers are stacked together. If there are two wilds, your wins are multiplied by 4x, for example, and if there are three, your wins are multiplied by 8x.
One of the main features is Mystery Box. On any random spin, Mystery Boxes can land on reels 2, 3 and 4. These boxes open to reveal the same matching symbol – it can be any of the slot's standard symbols, or it can even be the wild or the scatter.
Speaking of the scatter, it's linked with the free spins round. It appears as the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box free slot machine logo and rewards both payouts and free spins.
- Two Scatters: 2x payout
- Three Scatters: 5x payout and seven free spins
- Four Scatters: 20x payout and 12 free spins
- Five Scatters: 200x payout and 20 free spins
When you trigger the free spins round, a ladder with 12 rungs on it appears to the left of the reels. You start off at the bottom rung, which gives you a 2x multiplier. While free spins are in play, ever scatter that appears on the reels moves you up one rung. Each rung after the first gives you a number of extra free spins and increases the value of the multiplier, as seen below:
- First Rung: 2x multiplier
- Second Rung: 3x multiplier and one free spin
- Third Rung: 4x multiplier and one free spin
- Fourth Rung: 5x multiplier and three free spins
- Fifth Rung: 6x multiplier and one free spin
- Sixth Rung: 7x multiplier and one free spin
- Seventh Rung: 8x multiplier and one free spin
- Eighth Rung: 10x multiplier and three free spins
- Ninth Rung: 12x multiplier and one free spin
- Tenth Rung: 15x multiplier and one free spin
- Eleventh Rung: 30x multiplier and one free spin
- Twelfth Rung: 50x multiplier and three free spins
Once you've hit the twelfth rung, whenever you land any additional scatters you'll get one extra free spin per scatter.
How to Win the Game
The Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot doesn't have set paylines that you need to form winning combinations on to receive payouts. Instead, the slot uses the all-ways-win system. This does away with paylines and lets you win if you land three or more matching symbols on consecutive reels starting with the leftmost one. It doesn't matter what positions the symbols are in, so long as there is one on the first three reels.
There are 10 standard symbols that you can win with when playing the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot game.
- Low-paying symbols – The six low-paying symbols are card ranks, each one of which is a different colour. The least valuable are the turquoise 9 and the yellow 10; the green J and blue Q both offer the same higher payouts, while the red K and purple A both offer even higher payouts.
- High-paying symbols – As for the high-paying symbols, these are four gemstones. There's a green pentagon, a blue hexagon, a red octagon and a purple one in the shape of a circle. The most valuable standard symbol is the purple gemstone. Should you land one of these on each of the five reels, you'll be paid a sum equivalent to 25x your bet. This symbol is the only one to offer payouts for two on consecutive reels (all of the other symbols payout for three or more only). Land one purple gemstone on the leftmost reel and another on the reel next to it for a payout equal to your current bet.
Whenever you win, you'll have the chance to gamble your winnings. A "GAMBLE" will appear following every win. Give this a click, and you'll get to gamble up to five times. Each time you gamble, there's a 50% chance you'll double your winnings, and a 50% chance you'll lose them all. If you double your winnings, you can gamble them again up to a maximum of five times. If you're lucky enough to gamble five times, your winnings will have been multiplied by 32x!
Free/Real Money Options
If you want to play free Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slots, there are many places you can do this. Most online casinos that have this slot should offer demo play. This is a special gaming mode that lets you play as much as you like without spending any real money. You can't win or lose any money while playing in demo mode. Slotozilla also has a demo version of this game. Here you can find lots of free slots with bonus offers and reviews of casinos to play for real money.
If you've tried to play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot online for free and want to switch to real money, again there are many places you can do this. The slot's provider, Big Time Gaming, has games available to play at many big-name casinos.
Playing on Mobile Devices
Like many other slots released over the last few years, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot game is compatible with an array of mobile devices. Have a go on your smartphone or tablet and take the game with you when you head out.
Whether you're a fan of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire or not, you're bound to enjoy playing the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot by Big Time Gaming. This immersive, gameshow-themed slot puts you in the contestant's seat and gives you plenty of chances to win. Try out the free Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Mystery Box slot, then have a go for real money, and hopefully, you'll receive some big payouts. The game won't make you a millionaire, but it may just give your finances a welcome boost!
📌 Can you keep your winnings in the gamble feature?
Yes. If you successfully gamble and double your winnings, you're free to collect them and return to the base game. You don't have to keep on gambling if you don't want to.
📌 How is the other Who Wants to Be a Millionaire slot from Big Time Gaming different?
The provider's other slot uses the Megaways mechanic. The slot is played on a six-reel grid, and each reel can have up to seven symbols on it. On any win, you can have up to a maximum of 17,649 ways to win. The slot also has a free spins round that's based on the game show and features its famous lifelines.
📌 What happens if you form a winning combination with more than one winning symbol on a reel?
Let's say you form a winning combination with three A symbols. There are no other A symbols on the reels. You're paid accordingly. If you land several A symbols on each of the first three reels, you've technically formed more than one winning combination, so your payout will be bigger.