Dragon slot games
Originally created to carry players to a different reality, dragon-themed slot games are on their peak of popularity. Those who are not afraid of the fire-breathing dragons and feel excited when playing slot games with similar themes will have their dangerous and brave efforts rewarded with rich payouts and original features of dragon slot games. What is more, fans of the role-playing themed slots will get pretty excited over this game with its elves, treasures, and weapons.
Just like any other slot game, dragon-themed slot machines require a player to get a winning combination on the screen. However, the thing that makes these games truly special is that they involve particular symbols which may include Treasure Boxes, Knights, Spellbooks, Female Elves, Potions, Crystal Balls, Archers and others depending on a specific game you play. So if you want to jump into a new magical world of fire-breathing dragons and hidden treasures, you should definitely try your hand at this kind of slots.
How to Win at Dragon-Themed Slots?
Although dragon slot machines are a game of luck by their nature, there are still some tactics that can increase your winning odds significantly. According to the recommendations from the professional players, before deciding on what dragon-themed slot game to play, check its payout rates and game reviews. Besides, pay a special attention to the game features, special symbols, bonuses and bonus rounds available in it. We also strongly advise you to check with its gaming provider since not all slots producers can boast of providing quality gaming sessions, graphics, and visuals.
There are a lot of dragon-themed slot machines that may differ based on
- Number of reels – although most of the dragon slot machines are 5-reel (Water Dragon, Imperial Dragon, Double Dragon, etc.), there are still some gaming options with 4, 6, and 7 reels.
- Quantity of paylines – depending on a number of reels and game specifics, a quantity of paylines varies from one slot machine to another. Thus, it can start from 5 paylines (Lucky Dragon slot) and reach up to 100 (Ancient Dragon slot). However, the majority of dragon-themed slots have 20-25 paylines.
- Winning combinations – the symbols to form a winning line vary from one slot machine to another. These include both wild symbols and scatters along with other game-specific symbols that in a different quantity and order will bring you a win.
No matter what kind of dragon-themed slots you choose, each of them has its unique features, bonuses, and is definitely worth playing.
Chances to Win
When estimating your chances to win with a specific slot game, consider a number of reels it has and a quantity of paylines it features. As a general rule, the more reels a slot machine has – the more chances to win it creates. Thus, when compared to a 3-reel slot game, 5-reel slots feature more reels and paylines, making their payouts more regular. Apart from a number of reels, it is also important to consider a number of symbols on each reel when calculating your winning odds. Hence, the increased number of symbols automatically decreases your winning chances.
Checking a payout rate of a specific dragon slot game will be also of benefit to estimate your winning odds adequately. We strongly recommend you to consider only those slot games that have payout ratio of 95% and more to avoid losing money beyond the purpose.
In the same way as for usual video slots, dragon-themed slot games feature varied bonuses depending on a slot machine you play. These include
- Free spins – basically free pulls or free bets allowing you to play a slot game without making any investment in your gameplay. This option is truly beneficial for trying out a particular slot machine and not always involves a possibility to play for real money. However, in case playing for money is available, check withdraw limits and playthrough requirements associated with this kind of bonus.
- Bonus rounds – this feature is usually confused with free spins. Although both of them function identically, for getting bonus rounds, it is required to line up a certain combination of symbols on the screen. The purpose of the feature is to break up the repetitive spinning and give a chance for the additional play with extra payouts.
- Multipliers – a combination of specific symbols (usually scatters) that multiples your wins by two, four, and even nine times depending on a number of scatters appeared on the screen.
- Dragon Wild Bonus – a Flaming Re-Spin Bonus with a stacked Dragon symbol and wilds are locked in place with re-spins granted to a player as long as dragon/wild symbols appear on the reels.
Dragon Slot Games Available
Owing to the high popularity of dragon-themed slots, almost every gaming provider on the market has this kind of game in their assortment. The most widely played dragon slot games are
- 5 Dragon Slot – a 5-reel and 25-payline non-progressive video slot by Aristocrat with free spins, disperse and wild symbols. With 243 ways to win, players can bet 25 credits to activate all ways to hit big. What is more, the game supports different coin denominations that range from $0,01 up to $4. The maximum bet on the game is $100 per spin.
- Dragon Island Slot – developed by Net Entertainment, it is a 5-reel, 15-payline game that has two kinds of wild symbols, free spins and a unique “Win Both Ways” feature that allows wins to pay out from right to left and vice versa. The main bonus feature in Dragon Island slot is the ability to get free spins when you land 3 (10 free spins) or more scatter symbols (4 symbols – 20, 5 – 50 free spins).
- Golden Dragon Slot – 3-reel and 5-payline video slot game, which features three types of symbols: the Golden Dragon, The Shield, and the classic 1-, 2- and 3-Bar. The Golden Slot jackpot is a maximum of 5000-coin with a betting ranging between 0.25 and 5.00 credits.
- Mystical Dragon Slot – a 5-reel, 25 pay-line video slot by IGT with a minimum bet of $0,01. Based on the medieval mythical story full of knights, dragons, and princesses, this slot game offers the chance to win the jackpot of 20,000 coins that can be increased up to 40,000 coins during the bonus game. The extra game features include wild multiplier, free spins, and a random progressive jackpot.
The Winning Symbols of Dragon Slots
Though some specific winning symbols vary depending on a slot game, every dragon-themed slot includes wild symbols and scatters.
- Wild symbols – these have the power to substitute all other symbols on reels and in doing so, complete winning paylines that otherwise wouldn’t result in a win.
- Scatters – these are basically a key to unlocking different bonus features within a slot game. Unlike common symbols that have to be lined up on a payline to win anything, scatters just have to appear on the reels to open up mini-games, free spins, or other bonuses.
Minimal and Maximal Bets
There are no set amounts for minimal and maximal bets in dragon-themed slots; they vary depending on a game. Thus, while for some games, minimum and maximum betting limits are between $1 and $7, other slots take 25 cents as a minimum bet and $100 as a maximum wager per spin. Therefore, before making a bet, it is necessary to specify this information for a certain game by checking its review or Terms and Conditions.
Considering the fact that some dragon slots are progressive, their jackpots can reach impressively big amounts, such as $40,000 for Mystical Dragon Slot. On the contrary, not all dragon-themed slot games have this feature, so their top prizes are comparatively small, for example, $5,000 for Golden Dragon Slot. This information should be also considered before starting of your gaming session.
No matter, what are the minimal/ or maximal amounts and a jackpot available in a certain dragon slot game, it is always the best solution to try this gamble for free prior to playing it for real money. It has already been proved that using a free spin option gave a chance to develop a winning strategy for increasing your odds in the game.