40 Thieves is a video slot that takes us on an epic adventure into the Arabian Nights stories. Set on 5 reels, four rows, and 40 fixed paylines, the game features a theme based on the famous story of Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves. It also has a 96.09% RTP and comes packed with many bonus features, including Stacked Symbols, Wilds, Free Spins, and a Gamble feature.
At SlotoZilla, you can also try out the best free online casino slot games before you move on to play for real money.
About Bally Wulff games provider
The software provider of the 40 Thieves online slot machine is Bally Wulff. It is a leading German-based developer that is manufacturing and selling gambling machines, both online and land-based. Since it was founded in 1950, this company has dedicated itself to creating a product portfolio filled with quality and entertaining casino games. They have also created an impressive list of fascinating slot titles. Some of the more popular online casino slots available in their portfolio include The Shaman King, Black Beauty, Mighty Dragons, Tom Sawyer, and many more.
Advantages and disadvantages of 40 Thieves slot
As a gamer, every time you make a spin, the soothing harp melody not only puts a smile on your face but gives you an excellent sense of encouragement that you are going to walk away with a glorious winner. The brilliant gaming experience certainly walks a tightrope between balancing expertise and luck, thus keeping you intrigued to keep playing. Here are some of the pros and cons you will come across when you play 40 Thieves online.
|Wild symbol is available.
||No progressive jackpot.
|Free Spins can be won.
||No bonus game features.
|The Gamble feature can help increase players’ winnings.
|Simple gameplay makes it suitable for beginners.
Overall Opinion about 40 Thieves
Casino games inspired by the 1001 Nights stories are common ones you will probably come across online. It’s very difficult for any game to stand out from the lot with this theme as the market is overwhelmed with Arabian-themed slots. But I liked how Bally Wulff managed to create the right impression in the 40 Thieves video slot that successfully holds its own place in the market. In addition to the fun theme that the game features, it also comes with many bonuses that leave no boring moment in the gameplay. Overall, 40 Thieves is a fun game to try no matter which device you use. I had no problems playing it on mobile; the session was smooth.
40 Thieves Theme and Unique Features
Bally Wulff got the inspiration for this game from the intriguing folklore of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, which is one of the most famous stories in the 1001 Nights. The Arabian-inspired theme is brought to life through the game’s design, graphics, soundtrack, and symbols. This Arabian-themed slot machine also offers:
- Free Spins,
- Gamble features, all of which increase the odds of winning.
The exquisitely designed free 40 Thieves slot game has a total of 5 reels and 40 pay lines. Additionally, there is a Wild symbol. Its superiority to other symbols assists in completing some great winning combinations. To accomplish splendid wins, you have to attain matching signs on all the adjacent reels starting from the reel at the top left to the one at the top right. In the pay table, you will see all the winning combinations that you need to attain to make a win. However, only the greatest win on each of the pay lines counts. Each biggest win per line is then added up to give you your final winning results.
The slot machine has fantastic symbols at the reels. You will see the spectacular treasures, card-suit gems, a white horse, pleasantly colored hero cartoon character, an Eastern knife and lastly, the Scatter and Wild. Despite the fact that there are no bonus rounds, the major badges serve the following purposes:
- Wild – The symbol with the Wild label written on it is the Wild symbol in this game. This icon acts as a substitute for all other symbols and can replace them to create a winning combination when it appears at the right position. The only exception is that it cannot substitute for the Scatter symbol.
- Scatters – The golden jewel is the Scatter symbol in this game, and it is the symbol that triggers the Free Spins feature. They independently attracts pays on their own regardless of their location on the screen. The total bet determines the wins a player attains.
- Stacked Symbols – All symbols, including the Wild symbol, can appear stacked on any reels during the gameplay to deliver more winning chances.
- Free Spins – Landing three, four, or five Scatters will trigger the free games feature and reward players with 10, 15, or 50 Free Spins, respectively. Interestingly, in addition to the standard Wild symbol, the masked robber will also become Wild during this feature, which will help boost players’ odds of winning.
- Gamble Feature – Like the Where’s the Gold free slots machine, this game also features an in-built gamble game, where players can risk their winnings for more. After any wins during the game, the Gamble feature will come up, and you will have to choose between a Card Gamble feature and a Ladder Gamble feature. The Card Gamble feature is more of a double or nothing game where you have to correctly guess the color of a downward-facing card. On the other hand, the Ladder Gamble feature is a game where you work your way up a pyramid to earn the bigger payouts.
A total of three, four or five Scatters also known as Amulets attract 10, 15 and 50 free spins respectively. The only way to prolong free spins is to attain a minimum of 3 Scatters.
Starting the Game
Every player playing the 40 Thieves online slot game the option of single starting the game by selecting the ‘Spin’ button which spins the reels, and thus the game begins. Alternatively, players can click the ‘Autostart’ button which starts the game automatically and gives you the option of selecting the number of games to play.
40 Thieves Payouts
Multiplying the bet for each of the 40 lines by the index of the combination generates a unique table that shows all the possible wins as per the bet. For the total bet of 50 coins, the multipliers range from as little as five times to as high as 100 times. Regardless of the option, you select, the payout can be double if you win the bet. However, if the fortune fails to smile on you, then you lose the chance. The more free spins and Wilds you attain, the greater your chances of incredible wins. Attaining a high number of free spins does not guarantee you will win, which is a common misconception, but only betters your chances.
40 Thieves casino slot is a good choice for penny players. With as little as 0.1 coins per spin, which is the minimum bet, you can have some fun on the reels of this game. The maximum bet per spin is capped at 50 coins per spin, making the game suitable for casual players but unsuitable for high rollers, who prefer bigger bets.
The highest paying symbol in the game is, of course, the Thief symbols, which can give up to 800 times players’ stake for 5-of-a-kind symbols. However, the game’s max payout is capped at 8,000x players’ stake.
The values in this paytable are fixed, and winnings are paid by multiplying the line bet by the corresponding value in the paytable.
RTP and Volatility
The 40 Thieves slot machine features an RTP of 96.09%, which is quite above what you will normally come across in many slot machines. Bally Wulff did not publish the official volatility of this game, but it has been observed to feature medium volatility.
In addition to video slots being accessible to players on the desktop PC, online casino games are now available to players through mobile devices. The 40 Thieves casino slot is mobile optimized and playable across various devices. This means that you can play this slot through your Android-enabled smartphone and tablet or iOS-enabled iPhone or iPad.
How to Play 40 Thieves Online Slot
40 Thieves features a simple gameplay pattern that most players, including beginners, would have no trouble with. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to play 40 Thieves.
- Use the + or – buttons to adjust the bet size per spin to your preferred wager from a list of preset bet sizes that ranges from 0.1 coins to 50 coins.
- Hit the spin button to start the game, or use the max bet button to spin the reels with the maximum bet.
- Alternatively, you can use the Auto Start button to place several bets in a row automatically, without you having to hit the spin button every time.
- Landing three or more matching symbols consecutively across an active payline from the leftmost reel to the right will trigger a winning combination and pay prizes.
Tips to Play for Real Money
Here are some tips that could be useful to play 40 Thieves for real money.
- Practice with the 40 Thieves demo version for a while before you start the real money play. Doing this will let you get more familiar with the gameplay, rules, and features.
- Only play at a licensed, safe, and reputable online casino known to be trustworthy.
- Take advantage of bonus offers provided by online casinos.
- Before claiming any casino bonuses, always check to make sure that the terms and conditions are favorable.
- Practice responsible gambling and don’t place bets that exceed your bankroll.
Where Players Can Enjoy This Slot
The game is accessible in most parts of the globe except a few jurisdictions that forbid online gambling. You can play the 40 Thieves slot machine online, without sign up or registration required.
Players are free to enjoy the 40 Thieves slot machine at any online casino that provides the game on its website. However, most seasoned gamblers are very selective about where they play their favorite games. They thoroughly review casinos before they register to find out if they offer the best in terms of safety and security, games, incentives, and quality services.
The good news for you is that using all these criteria and more, SlotoZilla has reviewed many gambling sites to find and recommend the best options. You can find the information about these casinos on our website, and a few of them include:
- Energy Casino
- PlayOjo Casino
- SlotsMillion Casino
Concluding the 40 Thieves slot review, we can see that this game has a lot to offer and is quite popular among slot enthusiasts. The slot features simple gameplay that makes it not only suited to slot veterans but also accommodating to beginners. You will also get the help of Wilds, Free Spins, and a Gamble feature to trigger more wins. The only downside is the low maximum limit that makes the game not well suited to high rollers.
So, if you are on the lookout for a simple yet classy pokie with great winning potential, the 40 Thieves slot machine is an excellent option.