Everything You Need to Know About Dead or Alive 2 Slot
Dead or Alive 2 is a sequel to NetEnt’s highly successful slot machine of the same title. Published in April 2019, it brings a breath of fresh story to the life of a bandit in Western style. Here, you will be playing on a 5X3 grid, and you will have opportunities to win free spins, wilds, and multipliers.
Check out the slot summary below:
|Highest Payout||more than 100,000x|
|Scatter Symbol||Animal Skull with Guns|
|Wild Symbol||Different Bandits|
|Highest Symbol Payout||2,500|
|Minimum/Maximum Bet||9/18 coins|
In this review, we will find out:
- How to play Dead or Alive 2 slot online
- What the paytable looks like
- How to calculate your wins
- How to play the game.
We will also take a look at the buttons, their functions, and how you can get the best experience should you choose to play it.
Steps to Operate the Game
To play free Dead or Alive 2 slots, the first thing you have to do is to choose how much each coin is worth. You can program your coin value between 0.01 and 0.50 credits. The Coin Value button is found at the bottom right of the screen, and you have to use the plus/minus signs to toggle the values.
The next step is to decide how many coins you want to wager per spin (9 or 18). The button to use is the Level button found at the bottom left, just beside the auto-play button. Like the coin value, you have to use the plus/minus buttons to toggle it. You can bet up to two coins per line.
Once everything is set, you have to click on the spin button found at the bottom middle. The spin button is a circular arrow. Once you click on it, the five reels will start spinning and will eventually stop. You have an option to stop them yourself. To do that, just click on the spin button once again after the reels have begun spinning.
Dead or Alive 2 Slot Features
The main way to win in the slot machine is to land winning combinations, called pay lines. But there are other features in the game that will augment your winning odds.
- Wild – there are five wild symbols in the game. These symbols are the different types of bandits or outlaws as described below:
- Man with a machete – a murderous-looking man with long hair and a coat with a fur collar;
- Lady with a knife – a lady in an off-shoulder dress holding a small hunting knife;
- Man in a fedora- a classic depiction of a man from the Old West; this man is lighting a cigarette;
- Lady bandit – this blonde lady sports two revolver guns on both hands;
- Young bandit – this is a young boy who has a shotgun resting over his shoulder.
The wild symbols substitute for all symbols to make a winning combination, except for a scatter. Let us say you landed a boot symbol on the first slot on the first reel, a wild beside that, and another boot symbol on the first row on the third reel, then you are missing a boot symbol on the second reel. However, since there is a wild on that spot, the slot machine will consider the wild symbol as a boot, and it will give you the prize for three boot symbols.
The wild also has its own payout. What this means is that if you land at least three of them on any pay line, you will be paid a prize. Here are the prizes for the wild:
- 5 wilds – 1,500 x bet level
- 4 wilds – 150 x bet level
- 3 wilds – 25 x bet level
- Scatter – the scatter symbol is the animal skull with two revolver guns below it. It only appears in the main game, which means you cannot expect it to appear if you are in the free spins round. The scatter awards players in two ways: in coins and in free spins.
To win Dead or Alive 2 free slots spins, you must land at least three scatter symbols anywhere on the grid. It does not work as a collective scatter, which means the three should land at the same time on the same spin.
The scatter can land on any reel. If you manage to land three of them, you will win at least 12 free spins, but there are three types of free spins modes that can happen.
The coins are awarded if you land at least two scatter symbols. Below are the prizes.
- 5 scatters – 2,500 coins
- 4 scatters – 25 coins
- 3 scatters – 4 coins
- 2 scatters – 2 coins
Free Spin Modes & Multipliers
If you win free spins, the three modes are Old Saloon, High Noon Saloon, and Train Heist.
- Old Saloon Free Spins – in this mode, all the wins are multiplied by two. So if the win amount for three symbols of the Sherriff’s Badge is 20 coins, you will instead get 40 coins. In this mode, the wild symbols are sticky, which means they will stay in their positions until you are out of free spins. Also, one or more wild symbols will add five free spins to the round.
- High Noon Saloon Free Spins – in this mode, two wilds that appear on the same reel will turn into what is called a Double Multiplier Wild. If you land three, they will become Triple Multiplier Wilds. The wilds are also sticky, and one or more wilds that appear will add five more free spins.
- Train Heist Free Spins – this is the last mode, and in it, you will have a multiplier meter. Whenever a wild appears, this meter will fill up, add one multiplier unit, and then add one free spin. If you successfully hit 16x in the multiplier meter, you will receive five additional free spins.
A multiplier in any game mode applies to every win after the multiplier is activated. If the prize for the winning combo is 20 coins, but you have an active 16X multiplier, you will win 16 X 20 = 320 coins, not just 20.
These are the features of the slot machine. What you want is to give yourself the opportunity to activate them, as they are the best ways to win more money with a little investment. All the bets on the free spins mode will use the last bet you used that triggered the free spins bonus rounds.
Buttons and Their Functions
Let us have a short review of the different buttons in the slot machine and what they are used for.
- Level – use this button to decide how many coins to wager per line. You can choose between one and two coins of bet per line or 9 -18 per spin (as there are 9 fixed paylines in the game).
- Auto-Play – use it to program the slot machine to spin on its own. You can program it to spin automatically between 5 and 1,000 spins. You can also program it to spin and stop if your limits are met. The bet that will be used is the same bet that you chose before activating the auto-spin. You can stop the auto-spin function at any given time, especially so if you think you made a mistake in programming it.
You can set the following limits to make it stop:
- On any win;
- If a free spin is met;
- If a single win exceeds a value you set;
- If your cash balance increases by a value you set;
- If your cash balance decreases by a value you set.
- Spin – use the spin button to trigger the game round. Once you click this, there is no turning back. As the reels spin, you can click it again to make the slot machine stop instead of waiting for it to stop by itself. This stop function is best used by players who know how to time the reels.
- Max Bet – use this button if you want the slot to automatically bet the highest possible wager. The maximum bet possible is 18 coins per round.
- Coin Value – use this button to change the value of your coin. This button is found at the bottom right, beside the Max Bet button. You can set a coin value between £/$0.01 and £/$1 (or any other accepted currency).
Prizes and Winning Combinations
To win in this slot machine, you must be able to land at least three same symbols in specific spots on the grid. These specific spots are called paylines, and you can view them in the game menu.
As a rule, the symbol combination must be on adjacent reels, and they must start from the leftmost reel. What this means is that the three symbols must be on three different reels, side by side, from reel one. If you have five symbols spread out on the five reels, you will win higher prizes.
The payable is shown below, and all the numbers you see are expressed as coins. These values will not change even if you increase or decrease your bet., but your bet influences the payout greatly because to know the amount you have won, you need to multiply the symbol value (from the paytable) by the bet level and then by the coin value.
|Number of Appearance in a Pay Line||SYMBOL|
|Number of Appearance in a Pay Line||SYMBOL|
One thing that confuses slot players is how the payouts are calculated, so we will provide an example. Suppose that you selected a coin value of 0.01, then a bet level of one coin per line. In this case, your total bet for the round is (9 X 1) X 0.01 = 0.09. The slot machine has nine fixed pay lines. What this means is that you need to bet on all of them.
After spinning, let us say you landed a winning combo for three letters K. If you look at the table, the prize is 5 coins. In this case, you will be given five coins.
The value of these five coins is (5 X 1) X 0.01 = 0.05. The same applies if the winning combination used a wild symbol. In the main game, the wild does not double your wins.
The slot machine has a rule stating that it will only pay the highest payout on a payline. What does this mean? Sometimes, you can actually land two winning combinations on a payline.
Let us take a look at this example that shows the symbols that landed on the reels after one spin:
- Reel 1 row 1: Wild
- Reel 2 row 1: Wild
- Reel 3 row 1: Wild
- Reel 4 row 1: Wild
- Reel 5 row 1: Sherriff’s Badge
In this scenario, there are two winning combinations:
- 5 Sherriff’s Badges – there are five Sherriff’s Badges because all the four wilds can substitute. In this case, the prize is 1,000 coins.
- Four Wilds – there are four wilds on the pay line, and this has a prize of 150 coins.
In this scenario, the slot will pay you 1,000 coins, not 150. It will only pay out the 5 Sherriff’s Badges because they have a higher payout than the four wilds. It will not pay both.
Tips to Win in the Dead or Alive 2 Slot Machine
While slot machines are games of chances, there are tips and strategies that can help you win. These are not secrets or tricks, but merely actionable items that have something to do with discipline.
- Play a game you understand – you must first understand a game and how it works, so you make the right decisions. In this case, you need to know that Dead or Alive 2 slot machine is one that pays in proportion to your wager. It has no jackpot or progressive bonuses, so it does not make sense to chase after big bets.
- You must like the game – if you do not like the theme, chances are you will bet without a strategy just to get over with it. Play a game whose theme, symbols and game mechanics suit your personality.
- Do not overbet – the one reason why slot players go easily broke is that they wager high, believing that the odds are the same. While it is true that the odds on your first spin are the same on your hundredth spin, it is still better to be able to spin as many times as you can. More spins means you are giving yourself more chances to land the feature symbols.
- Start Small – bet an amount that is small. This strategy will help you manage your bankroll. Once you have won enough, that is the time to increase your wager sizes. This strategy works because you are not depleting your bankroll right away. If you only have £/$100, and you wagered the highest bet of £/$18, you will be done in five rounds.
A slot machine is a game of repetition. The game mechanic itself is what triggers the player to bet big, hoping to land that big win. To combat this urge, you need discipline. This is why the autoplay button is there. Program the coin value and the bet level at the smallest bet and use the auto-play to do the work for you.
Playing for Free or With Real Money
The great thing about the Dead or Alive 2 online game is that you can play it for free. To do this, you can access the demo version from our website. In the demo mode, you do not need to register or pay anything; you do not have to download or install a software.
The free play version has the same game mechanics as the paid one. It has the same buttons and functions. However, you will not win real money. Also, you cannot save your game for its history. The demo is best played for the purposes of entertainment and practice.
If you want to play with real money, you need to register at a casino that offers the game, and you can choose it from our recommendations. Before you register, check the casino and look for the following:
- Casino bonus and the terms and conditions;
- Deposit methods and withdrawal process.
If you like the casino and you are qualified to join, register and then start wagering on the Dead or Alive 2 slot machine.
Things to Know About Casino Bonuses
As a side tip, we will provide you with some pieces of advice that you should know before claiming casino bonuses.
- Free money and free spins have a catch.
- In many cases, you must meet a wagering requirement before you can withdraw the winnings from the bonus.
- You have to meet the requirements within a certain number of days.
- Not all casino games have the same wagering contribution.
- Not all slot machines qualify for the bonus, which means you can only play your bonus money on selected titles.
Now that you know this, you have to carefully read the bonus terms. Make sure that Dead or Alive 2 slot online for free is part of the promotion so you can enjoy playing it with free money.
The game is completely mobile compatible, and it will work on any phone or tablet. NetEnt is a company that creates games with mobile experience as part of its software development goals.
If you are going to play for free, you need to access the demo version from a web browser. The browser must be modern enough to be able to play Flash and HTML5 programs.
If you want to play with real cash, you have to launch the casino website also from a browser. Many casinos today have a mobile-friendly website. Some casinos, however, would require that you download an app. It is on the app that you have to log in and play Dead or Alive 2 slot game.
If the casino has an app, chances are you can only install it on Android or iOS devices. Also, both Apple and Google restrict casino apps to specific countries only. It is best that you review the casinos before you register and find out about these things to save yourself from frustration.
The Dead or Alive 2 slot machine is quite innovative, considering that it has three types of free spin modes. It also makes it somewhat easy for players to land the scatter symbols, as it can appear on any reels. Some slots make the scatter appear only on three reels.
It is also worthwhile to note that the scatter pays out money on top of the free spins. So far, this is the symbol that is really worth waiting for. Overall, the free Dead or Alive 2 slot is one of those sequels that perform better than their predecessors.