Progressive Jackpot Slots in Australia 2023
It is a type of jackpot in casinos in which the winning amount keeps increasing each time the game is played until a jackpot is won. In progressive jackpot slot games, a portion of each wager is added to the jackpot, continuously growing the winning prize pool until one lucky player wins. Such games can reach massive amounts due to the accumulation of wagers made by multiple players over time.
The probability of a win may vary: some progressive jackpots let you win once a week or a month, and others need to raise money for the prize of the pool. But the requirements and rules in such games differ from game to game. Therefore, it is imperative to familiarise yourself with the specifics before playing. You can find jackpot games at our website. Our team of experts has compiled a list of the best progressive slots, so you can get the best gambling experience.
How Progressive Jackpot Work
Progressive jackpots work simply by taking a certain percentage of each wager made on a specific slot machine or a group of machines and adding it to the jackpot prize pool. This process continues until one lucky player hits the winning combination and wins the jackpot.
Let us explain it further by giving an example. Consider that the base price of the jackpot is $100,000, and the slot machine takes 10% of each wager and places it in the pool. Further, 1% of this amount is used to fund the next reset amount. Now, a player is playing it for AU$2.50 per spin. Each spin contributes 0.25 (10% of AU$2.50) to the jackpot amount, and the remaining amount (AU$2.25) is handled similarly to a classic non-progressive jackpot machine.
The probability of a player winning the jackpot is determined by the total number of possible combinations and the number of players contributing to the jackpot. The larger the number of players, the higher the jackpot amount and the lower the probability of winning it.
How to Win in a Progressive Jackpot
Here are some of the most pragmatic and proven strategies to increase your chances of winning in progressive jackpot games.
- Know the requirements: As mentioned before, the game’s requirements and rules vary with progressive slot machines and casinos. Therefore, it is crucial that you truly understand the requirements and rules of the games. One of the crucial things to check is the maximum and minimum bet limits.
- Choose the right machine: Look for a progressive slot machine not only with an eye on them but also with a high payout percentage.
- Play frequently: The chance of winning a progressive jackpot increases with the frequency of time you play the game. The more you play, the better your chances of hitting the winning combination.
- Play the maximum bet: Sometimes, the slot machine requires you to play the maximum bet in order to be eligible for the progressive jackpot; if this is the case, make sure you do so.
- Keep an eye on the jackpot: Slots can grow quickly, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the amount and try to play when the jackpot is at its highest.
Remember, always gamble responsibly and never chase losses.
Different Types of a Progressive Jackpot
Progressive jackpot games come in various forms, offering players diverse ways to potentially strike it big. Some of the most common types of progressive jackpots are below.
- Standalone progressive jackpot game: It is a type that is linked to a single slot machine in a casino. Usually, you can only play one machine at a time.
- Local progressive slots: Unlike a standalone progressive jackpot, a local jackpot is linked to a group of slot machines within a single casino, and those playing on any of the linked machines are eligible to win a progressive jackpot.
- Wide-area network progressive jackpot: It is a game connected to multiple slot machines in multiple casinos.
- Random progressive jackpot: This type of jackpot can be won at any time, regardless of the combination landed on the reels. At the same time, the winning combination is determined randomly.
Each type of game has its own pros and cons, unique features, rules, and requirements, so it’s important to learn the specifics of the progressive jackpot.
Popular Progressive Jackpot Slot Games
Our team of experts has prepared a table with some of the best progressive jackpots. Below you can check providers of progressive slots and their type.
|Game Title||Software Provider||Jackpot Type|
|Mega Moolah||Microgaming||Wide Area Network|
|Mega Fortune||NetEnt||Wide Area Network|
|Mega Jackpots: Cleopatra||IGT||Standalone|
|Gladiator Jackpot||Playtech||Wide Area Network|
|Beach Life||Playtech||Wide Area Network|
|Mega Jackpots: Siberian Storm||IGT||Standalone|
Remember that the above-listed progressive jackpots can vary in size and availability, and you should check with the casinos for the latest information.
The Final Words About Progressive Jackpot Slots
Progressive jackpot slots can be definitely enticing. However, it’s not very easy to win progressive jackpots. The higher the jackpot, the lower your chances of hitting it. On the other hand, the possibility of a progressive jackpot win still exists.
The biggest progressive jackpot prize came in September 2018 by an anonymous android user. She won a whooping prize of £22.3 million. He or she bet 75 cents on Mega Moolah and won the jackpot in less than 50 spins. It’s a game by chance, and It’s your decision whether you want to try out your luck.
Progressive Jackpot - FAQs
What is a Progressive Jackpot?
A progressive jackpot is a type of a casino game where the winning amount increases when the player loses the round. Be sure to check the odds before you decide to try the one.
Are there free Progressive Jackpot slots?
Yes, there are free slots available to play. Many online casinos offer free-play versions of their progressive slot games, including jackpots.
How to win the Progressive Jackpot slots?
To win a jackpot slot, you must know the rules, manage your bankroll, play the maximum bet, read the pay table, and take a break if you feel tired or stressed.
Is it better to play Progressive Jackpot slots?
This is a question that only you can answer. The winning prize is very high, but the chances of winning the jackpot are also low compared to the non-progressive jackpot. So, if you want to take the risk, go for it.
How often do people win Progressive Jackpot slots?
The frequency of winning a jackpot is primarily determined by luck. It's impossible to determine exactly how often progressive jackpots hit, as it depends on a variety of unpredictable factors.