Roma slot machine is a 2017 slot by the online gaming software developer MGA Games. Despite its relatively recent release, Roma has a traditional approach to the gameplay with three reels and a single bet line cutting across the middle.
At first glance, the slot appears to be a fruit and gems title, but it throws in a hint of the ancient Roman empire. The three MGA reels and rows are held within marble pillars reminiscent of Roman architecture. They feature various icons, including strawberries, lemons, falcons, helmets, plums, and different-coloured games. Roma video slot offers bonus rounds, mini-games, and Wilds alongside wins of up to 1000 credits.
About the MGA Games Provider
Roma video slot is a product of MGA Games, a software provider that has been running since 2001. The company is an online gambling pioneer hailing from Spain that focuses on creating high-value games for the domestic and international market. MGA is also a successful brand in the European and Latin markets. The firm has partnered with more than forty gambling operators globally to provide quality products, including Playtech, Oryx Gaming, Microgaming, and Tecnalis. Other popular titles in its game catalogue include Andy & Lucas, Zeus, Lucky Dragon, Bicho Farm, Chiquito, Classic Car Bingo, Barragan, Jessica Weaver: Queen of the Seas, Arabian, Andy & Lucas, etc.
Roma slot machine – Pros and Cons
|A classic design that fuses the famous fruit and Roman themes||Accepted bets only go as high as five credits|
|Numerous features including Wilds, Free Spins, Upper Game, and mini-rounds||Only one bet line is available to activate winning combinations|
|Holds and Nudges that increase the chances of landing combinations after the reels have spun||Combination wins are capped at 1000 credits for five blue gems|
|Available in free and real money versions|
|A gamble feature that allows one to double the entire win or a portion of it|
Overall Opinion About Roma
Roma online slot works for a particular crowd rather than the generic slots player. The classic 3×3 playtable with a single payline may be too traditional for some players, but it is an appealing choice if you are looking for an old-school experience. The addition of a Roman theme to that of fruits is a clever twist, especially letting it shine in the bonus features. The bet limits and combination payouts are curated for low rollers. By all standards, Roma is a pretty average game with equally high and low moments.
Theme and Unique Features
Rome and fruits are popular slot themes, but they are hardly paired together. MGA Games defies the odds and puts them together on a 3×3 playtable held between two marble pillars. Lemons, strawberries, plums, bells, and gems appear as the standard characters — Rome-inspired icons like the falcon, shields, and leaf crown act as bonus symbols. No music plays in the background, but clicks similar to those of mechanical machines can be heard when clicking buttons and activating payouts.
Roma Bonus Features
Roma is a classic slot appearance-wise, but it spares no expense to entertain players with a range of bonus features. These additions complement the gameplay and winnings in different ways that boost winnings, and they are:
- Upper Game: Roma slot has an Upper Game that players can progress to once they collect enough bonuses and credits. The set switches up the grid to a Roman temple and a soldier in full gear at the front. The characters on the grid also change and include shields, chariots, sevens, and the colosseum. This round is somewhat like the Roma free spins. The Upper Game uses five fixed play lines to trigger winning combos that pay as follows for three similar icons:
Icon 1 Credit +1 Bonus 3 Credits +3 Bonus 5 Credits +5 Bonus 5 Credits +10 Bonus Shield 4 4 8 8 Colosseum 4 4 8 8 Chariot 4 8 20 20 Green seven 50 150 250 400 Red seven 100 300 500 800 Blue seven 200 600 1000 1000
- Nudge and Hold: Roma slot machine allows gamblers to spin and hold reels using these features. Each reel has the ‘NUDGES’ button underneath that enables players to push the reels one position forward for a chance to activate winning combinations. One to four nudges can be awarded randomly. On the other hand, the HOLD feature allows two columns to remain in place while the other/s spin to drive up the chances of activating a combo.
- Wild: The leaf crown labelled as the Roma slot joker plays the Wild in Roma online slot. The icon lands on any of the three reels and plays other icons to complete their combinations. The Wild does not have any wins of its own.
- Bonus: The falcon with spread wings plays the bonus symbol that awards 3, 6, and 18 bonus entries for landing one, two, and three of them, respectively. Accumulating these bonuses helps to trigger the Upper Game.
- Mini-Games: During the Upper Game, Roma slot cat trigger several mini-games randomly. The first bonus game present players with weapons where they have to choose three to reveal free rounds. The second bonus game presents three colosseums, and punters have to progress through the featured pyramid game. The third bonus game showcases a horse race and awards the payout attached to the winning horse. Finally, the fourth bonus game presents three shields that play like roulette wheels with spears as arrows and award the credits landed in each spin.
Roma slot machine awards winnings for three similar icons landing on the single payline. Each symbol has a designated value, and only one combo can activate per round. The wins change depending on the selected bet between one and five credits. The combination values are displayed on the pillars to the side of the grid.
The winnings for the icons in the Roma casino slot are as follows:
|Character||1 Credit||3 Credits||5 Credits|
Roma RTP and Volatility
MGA Games does not publicly provide the variance of the Roma slot machine, which is a downside. This information is essential in understanding how a game is likely to pay theoretically. The RTP rate is 90%, which is not very high for the online slot.
Roma online slot has a classic appearance but runs as seamlessly as any modern release. The game uses HTML5 technology that gives it cross-platform access on mobile and PC devices. The tech also makes it compatible with any operating systems, including iOS and Android.
How to Play Roma Online Slot
Roma slot runs with a simple gameplay procedure executed using the buttons at the bottom of the grid. Once the game is launched, the process unfolds as follows:
- Click on the “BET” button to choose between one and five credits.
- Use “PLAY” to spin the reels manually.
- Use “AUTO-PLAY” to activate up to 100 automatic rounds.
Tips to Play for Real Money
Roma slot game comes in a real money version available in MGA Games casinos. Here are tips that come in handy when playing this version:
- Choose a reliable MGA casino with proper licensing and security measures.
- Use bets that are within the limits of what you can afford to lose.
- Claim any bonuses that can be used to run the game.
Where Players Can Enjoy This Slot
SlotoZilla goes beyond offering slots free machines to play and provides a list of ideal gambling platforms to try real money sets. Choose any real money MGA Games casino from our collection to try your hand at Roma cash wins. Some of the popular websites among players are Vulkan Vegas, SlotsMillion and CasiGo.
Roma is a simple slot without too much to it, but it still stands out from the classic pokie pool. The mix of popular themes is innovative, and the numerous bonus features ensure gameplay is never dull.
Does Roma have a Free Spins feature?
Yes, it does. Roma Free Spins come in the form of the Upper Game that uses accumulated bonuses and credits. This round uses a unique playtable and symbols.
Should I download Roma slot to play?
An app installation is not necessary to enjoy the Roma slot machine since it is an instant-play title. Its use of HTML5 technology also removes the need for a flash player download to run on web browsers.
Can I play Roma slot for real money on your site?
No, you cannot. Our website only supports free play of Roma and all other listed slots. However, we provide a list of trustworthy MGA Games casinos where you can play the set for real money.
Is there a difference between Roma real money slot and the free slot?
The free and real money Roma slots are similar to each other in every way, from the theme and betting limits to the payouts and bonus features. The only difference is that real money bets are required to play the cash version while the Roma slot demo uses in-built fun credits.
Are outcomes in Roma pokies random?
Yes, they are. Roma slot game runs using a random number generator similar to all other online pokies like 50 Lions slot machine play free. These programs are free from manipulation by MGA casinos.