There are many games inspired by Ancient Egypt and Sphinx slot machine game is one of them. This is an old-school machine developed by Spielo, with 5 reels and 9 paylines that will attract the players who aren’t the big fans of new age graphics and shiny details of games but prefer that feeling of retro gaming and winning. This slot is similar to Poseidon.
The slot consists of elements that depict the culture of old Egypt, with hieroglyphs inscribed in the background. This gamble entertainment has only 1 goal, to permits the bettors to try their luck and win big time without distracting them with up to date visual effects.
Betting Values & Paylines
- Sphinx slot game consists of 5 reels and 9 paylines for a player to bet on. The number of lines can be changed but it is best to place your wagers on all of them in order to maximize your gain chances, although it is possible to bet on 1, 3, 5 or 7 lines.
- There are 2 ways to change the number of lines: One can opt the line box and chose the sum of paylines there; One can just click on the number that is arranged vertically on the left and right side of the screen.
- The betting range is changeable and spans from 0,01 to 0,05 credits. The maximum bet per round is 0,45 credits which make the this slot low volatility game but bear in mind that bonus feature may reward you with big payments and you can always try your luck with gamble edition and quadruple the price.
Sphinx Slot’s Interface
Sphinx has bright graphics and visual effects but on the other hand, it is very simple to use. Here is the list of tips that will introduce you to the game and make the betting a bit easier:
- Spin/Stop – starts the spinning of the reels and once the round begins this button will change itself to stop. By clicking on it, one can stop the spinning before it is automatically over;
- Paytable – consists of 2 windows, in the first one, a player can see all of the cards and their value based on the current bet. In the second, you can see the lines and how they look like;
- Lines– this button admits changing the number of paylines on which you want to place the stake;
- Bet/Line – allows you to change the wagers;
- Bet Max – places the maximum wager on all 9 paylines and triggers the lap;
- Total Win – in this box, one can see the amount of credits he/she has won in the last circle. This is a cumulative fruit machine which means that the total payment per tour is collected from every successful payline, not only the highest one. At the end of the prize spin, the prize is transferred to the Balance box.
AutoPlay & Gamble
The game has Autoplay option where you can pick the amount of spins that will be played by itself (max 25). Autoplay can be stopped manually. The gamble opt can be activated by the bettor at the end of any winning lap. If you decide to activate gamble, the game will open a new window with 1 card facing down. The objective is to guess the color or the suit of that card. The payment is doubled if you guessed the color or quadrupled if you got the right suit. If you decided not to gamble the prize, you can collect it by selecting the Take Win button.
Symbols depict some of ancient Egypt’s most recognizable elements such as the great pyramids of Giza – the burial sites of pharaohs, hieroglyphs, pharaoh’s burial mask, scepters. There are palm trees that represent the deserts and oases of the desert or items that were used in everyday life of regular people like a handheld fan. A black coated wolf from Tutankhamun’s tomb represents one of the most important deities of old Egypt – Anubis, a god associated with mummification and afterlife, and this icon introduces players with the religion of old city.
- The most payable regular icon is the profile portrait of an Egyptian multiplying the stake x2500 if it forms a sequence of 5 on the same line.
- Wild l is the famous golden burial mask of pharaoh Tutankhamun, discovered in 1920’s by famous English Egyptologist Howard Carter in the Valley of the Kings. This card substitutes all other symbols except the golden coin. It is the most payable icon paying up to 500 credits on a maximum wager.
- Scarab beetle jewel is the scattered symbol and it will payout regardless of the position on the reels with a prize up to 25 coins.
- 3 golden coin symbols on an active payline will trigger the bonus play, this is also stacked symbol meaning that it can show itself multiple times one the same reel.
Sphinx features only one bonus, which is triggered by winning at least 3 golden coin icons. After this, the new window opens and you are taken into the tombs beneath the pyramids where you find 5 sarcophagi. You can open one of them and win extra payment or golden Cat which will reward you with another bonus round but with bigger rewards.
Ancient Egypt is one of most wide-spread themes in casino games and developers tend to stay loyal to this genre. Spielo has created a few others Sphinx slot’s sequels such as Wild, Sphinx 3D, Return of the Sphinx, and Return 2.
Place to Play Sphinx Free Slot
Spielo belongs to many developers that provide games for popular online gambling platform, Slotozilla. Players from all over the world are welcomed to visit the site. Here you can choose to enjoy in demo version – for free or you can complete the registration process and play for real money. Here, you can find over 1800 machines organized by their names, themes, and types, and all of them available for Android and iOS devices through the app store free of charge.