In today’s world, money acts as the center of all trade. It is what most of us spend a huge chunk of our lives chasing and is used as a defining factor for success. Money is used to show power and control and can allow its holder to achieve comfort. Since money is what nearly everyone looks forward to achieve, it has been included in numerous slot games. Now every slot on the online and offline gambling industry is developed for real money wins, which means all of them are based on cash. However, there are those that have their themes specifically revolving around this commodity, as we are going to see in this review.
Elements of Money Slots
Various things are quite popular with online gaming software producers when it comes to the development of money slots. These characteristics are used to enhance the theme of the game as well as categorize it in the specific class it falls in. Some of these aspects include:
- Banknotes – Most nations across the globe have money in the form of bank notes. Therefore, it is no surprise that they would be used in logos and characters. The popular bank notes that are used include US dollars, euros, pounds, and Canadian dollars.
- Coins – Similar to notes, most countries have smaller denominations in the form of coins, making it reasonable for them to appear in these slots.
- Gold bars – Most big banks in the UK and across the globe will avoid storing huge amounts of money in the form of notes due to the space required and the bulkiness. Therefore, a great substitute for these amounts is gold bars. Being among the most expensive metals in the world makes for a good reason to substitute gold for money. Therefore, they also make an appearance on the reels.
- Precious metals – Money is used to achieve luxury and comfort, and precious stones are part of this culture. Stones like diamonds, gold, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires are used in carving jewelry and other artifacts for the wealthy and appear in slot games in these forms.
- Luxury cars – Nothing spells the epitome of a money-filled lifestyle such as high-end cars the likes of Rolls-Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and others. Waterbody machines such as yachts and, motor boats also make an appearance.
- Guns – Some of the money slots on the online realm are based on mafia and criminal activity. Therefore, guns and other crude weapons can be featured as icons.
- Rush music – The tunes that play in the backdrop are not similar in all money-themed slots, but they have all have a rush beat that may include the ring of coins.
Money slots are hard to categorize depending on the number of reels and win lines that they are developed with. This theme has been popular since the days of brick and mortar casinos and the first few years of the online gaming platform. This popularity has proceeded even to date. Therefore, one can choose to play free money slots with the traditional three reels with simple graphics. Alternatively, there are more modern slots with both two-dimensional and three-dimensional graphics that are placed on up to five reels. The bet lines can also go as high as four thousand.
Money Slot Extras
Aside from the money theme, these slots are made more enticing with the inclusion of various incentives. These bonuses are common even with other themed slot games and are placed according to the online gaming software developer behind their production. They include:
- Multipliers. Among the best slot rewards, these bonuses multiply the wager placed by the multiplier number acquired. These bonuses can be triggered by icon combos or within bonus rounds.
- Free Spins. These rewards spin the reels without the player dipping into their cash deposit. They can be played in consecutive order or separately depending on the game and the preference of the gamer. In most cases, they are triggered by special symbols or when a bonus game is activated. They can also be won in pick me bonuses.
- Gamble feature. This round is played once a win is acquired. Instead of collecting the winnings, the gamer is allowed the chance to double the amount by telling the correct color of a card facing down. However, answering wrong comes with the repercussion of having all winnings taken away. Some games allow up to four guessing chances if the gamer gets the correct answer each time.
- Bonus games. Slot games can get boring fast considering all one does is place wagers and spin the reels. Therefore, small extra gaming rounds are included in the base game known as mini-games. These rounds last a short while and incorporate more bonus offers than the base game. In some slots, they can incorporate challenges that require skill. Other featured offers include freebies, multipliers, and cash prizes. These offers are especially popular in modern slots since they are developed with the software to support such complex features.
- Wilds. Wilds are presented as ordinary icons on the reels, but they have the special purpose of replacing any other icon. They can have special additions made to their purpose, which make them fall into the bonuses category. Stacked wilds, one of the most popular kinds of these characters, can replace all other icons on the reels to transform them into the symbol they replaced. Other wild bonuses include stick wilds, walking wilds, expanding wilds, trailing wilds, and replicating wilds.
- Scatters. Scatters are the only icons in the entire slot universe that cannot be replaced by the wild characters; this makes them some of the most special icons on the reels. Scatters are used to launch various bonus features such as free spins, multipliers, and bonus rounds. Scatters can also form winning combinations of their won that offer some of the highest payouts.
Popular Online Gaming Money Slot Software Developers
The length of time that this theme has been around and the popularity witnessed among players has made it common with online gaming software developers. Nearly all game producers have at least one money-themed slot in their list of productions. Some of the ones that have earned spots as the most preferred by gamblers include:
- Williams Interactive. When most people here of Williams Interactive, also known by its acronym WMS, they think Super Monopoly Slot. This game is not only popular among money-themed slots but also in the gaming This slot portrays the popular board game Monopoly and comes with the same familiar features as those of the Monopoly game.
- Being one of the first game developers to establish themselves on the online platform means that it has a couple of money slots under its belt. They include Cash Clams, Phantom Cash, Kish of Cash, CashSplash, Cashapillar, and Life of Riches.
- Rival Gaming. This popular video slot producer is responsible for various jackpot money slots such as Love and Money, Big Cash Win, Crazy Camel Cash, Wheel of Cash, and Money Magic.
- Some of the money slots online by this developer include Charms and Clovers, Monkey Money, and Captain Cash.
Money slots, like most other slot games online, can be played in either download or no download forms. However, the software used in its development will determine its accessibility on mobile devices.