18+ New Players. Min. £10 deposit. 100% up to £300 + 30 bonus spins on selected games. £5 min. wager to activate deposit spins- expire 3 days from claiming. 35x wagering before bonus or winnings can be withdrawn. £5 max. stake using bonus. Skrill, Neteller deposits excluded from offer. Eligibility restrictions apply.
Rules and regulations have changed over the years about the legality of German casinos, and this has created confusion and uncertainty whether online gambling is legal in Germany. In this article, we are going to look at the following aspects with regards to the best German casinos, and online gaming and gambling in Germany.
How the 10 Best German Casinos Operate
If you are very familiar with Germany and the rules of the online gambling industry, you will know that finding legal German casino can sometimes be challenging. Because of the regulations that have changed, only certain casinos are now classified as legal. Let’s take a look at some of the best online German casinos and how they can be so successful.
- Legality: Knowing that you always want to do the right thing, you will be able to play or gamble in any online German Casino licensed by Schleswig-Holstein. They are the only legal entity able to provide a gambling license to online casinos. If you play at online gambling site internationally, always ensure that they are licensed properly for German players.
- Providers: The best German casinos only offer casino games developed by the best providers. When you browse through the list of providers, and you see names such as IGT, Novomatic, Microgaming, Merkur, Bally Wulff and NetEnt under their gaming providers, you can be sure that this casino is legal and only offer the best quality of games.
- Players support: Online gambling can sometimes be daunting; therefore, the top 10 casinos in Germany know that their players might need them 24/7. Casinos offering this service in German, and English will always make you feel relaxed as you will be able to call on help at any time.
- Games: The variety always includes casino table games Germany, Slots for free and for real money, Video poker and the new live casinos. Some of those also offer sports betting; therefore, you will receive the full casino experience.
- Bonuses and Promotions: The best gambling houses will always offer a No-deposit bonus to allow players to use their free spins in order to evaluate the games they want to play. Alternatively, you can try the casino games free before taking the chance to play real money.
- Languages and currencies: These casinos operate as a multilingual entity. Although it is a German casino, they still offer service to you. Currencies such as EUR is offered freely. However, currencies from around the world are also accepted, and their sites are available in different languages.
- Payment methods: The best German casinos offer several payment methods, not only pertaining to the EUR currency. The most commonly used payment methods are Visa and Mastercard transactions, Paypal payments and international bank transfers.
Examples of the Best German casinos online: Kaboo Casino, Spinit, Thrills, LeoVegas, Yako Casino, Quasar Gaming, LV Bet, BGO, Slots Magic, King Billy.
German Dress Code in Casinos
Going to a casino in Germany is a real fancy occasion. The dress code is very formal and casual wear such as blue jeans; sandals or sneakers are not allowed. In the major German gambling houses wearing a tie is a prerequisite, blending in with the formal and classy appearance of the dealers at the table. All Players must be 18 years of age to enter, and some places even charge visitors fee. The biggest and most prestigious establishments such as Spielbank Baden Baden, Spielbank Aachen, Casino Berlin and Forum Hotel Berlin take this status very seriously. The classy entertainment Mecca will also include Bars, restaurants, and nightclubs for a perfect night out. So you can dress up and head over to the casinos, for the perfect all-round experience.
Gambling Laws in Germany
For some players, it may not be as enjoyable to find suitable as online gambling is legal in Germany. However, they are only allowed to be licensed by Schleswig-Holstein. Therefore, any casino online not licensed by this Germany company can be classified as illegal. Keep in mind that the 50 sports betting companies together with the remainder of the legal online casinos in Germany will need to renew their licenses in 2018.
This is when the new gambling authority will be introduced, and all legitimate German casinos will be regulated and licensed by them. The current German Gambling Laws prohibit lotteries to be participated in for commercial gain, they are only allowed by charities and nonprofit organisations.
There are 179 German online casinos, and all are available in English and German. You are able to view them via the full Germany casino list online. You can even search for legal houses acceptable to German players in the World Casino Directory. Thus, you can always ensure that you are playing at the best German Casinos possible.
History of German Casinos
The history of German casinos dates as far back as 1720 when the first German casino was opened. This was as entertainment for the Roman soldiers during this time. Looking back at the progress and the pattern of online gambling in Germany, there are a few important dates that stand out, which we would like to discuss.
- 2008. Online casinos in Germany were not regulated until 2008 when the Interstate Gambling treaty was introduced. This caused all online German friendly casinos not being able to offer services to any German players.
- 2010. After the ruling of the European Court of Justice, they announced that German gambling had become a monopoly. Thus all online gambling became illegal.
- 2012. Schleswig-Holstein took the lead in regulating and creating their own licenses. This provided that some online gambling entities became legal for players accepting Germans.
- 2013. The Interstate Gambling Treaty called upon the Schleswig-Holstein state to sign the Treaty. Thus making any new additions to the gambling industry illegal. The old licenses will still be enforced, only until 2018, when new regulations will be enforced.
- 2017. In January 2017 it was decided that more online casinos need to be licensed and be made legal. The Schleswig-Holstein state is the only state that is able to give new licenses to new gambling sites, only until early January 2018.
Mobile German Casinos
Playing on mobile casinos in Germany has become the norm; you will need to ensure that all of the houses you wish to try are legal and regulated.
How to Access Mobile Casinos
The Process for playing in an online casino is very straightforward.
- After you have done some research and picked the right casino according to all regulations, you will either be able to download this casino from your app store or alternatively, you can click on the download button, it will allow for the casino software to be downloaded onto your mobile device.
- You can then start up by creating your account, or using the same account details as the main casino website.
- Always have a look at the exciting welcome bonuses some may be for free casino games, other you will need to make a deposit in order for the welcome bonus to be activated. 20 credits and 80 spins you are able to play on Mega Moolah, the world favourite progressive slot machine.
- Jackpot City has received the reward for the best mobile casino of the month in Germany.
Final Thoughts of Online German Casinos
With all the ups and downs with regards to the legalities of the online casinos, it is hard to say what the future of online gambling in Germany might hold. These regulations have changed quite a bit over the years; therefore, online players need to get the latest updates on this matter, before registering in a casino online.
Rather visit one of the many land-based casinos that are all legal and licensed, providing the best games and entertainment in the industry. To find the contact details of any new casinos in your area, you can do a search for ‘directory new casinos’.
Alternatively, you can look for the top 10 casinos in Germany by looking at the features and qualities we have discussed earlier. To play in the comfort of your own home you can access them through the website as well as a download portal; alternatively, you can make it a night to remember by inviting a few friends, dress up and enjoy all the entertainment and services provided by the offline casino in your area.
The product offering in offline and online casinos are mostly the same, you can expect the same games and variations, betting styles and limits, the most important thing that separates the two industries are the online legalities. Always ensure that you are playing in the best casinos possible, providing you with the best options for deposits and withdrawals that will suit your needs. The rest is up to you to enjoy the ride.